Replacement Firestick remote

loncell

TK Veteran
Daughters lost her remote fire 4k voice activated shes not a feckin clue we've given up looking.

She's been using Fire TV app but with the Keep Solid VPN we bought the remote won't work when its on or it just goes ape .

Were's cheapest place to get a replacement ? Prices I've seen there as dear as a new stick.

Does anybody have issues with batteries on the 2nd gen firestick? Have to change every month. Tried the resetting option too in the remote, re-pairing it. No fix.

Does anybody have issues with batteries on the 2nd gen firestick? Have to change every month. Tried the resetting option too in the remote, re-pairing it. No fix.
I think this is a problem in general on all firesticks having to reset remote , but not sure about having to change batteries every month. I have changed batteries putt new one in because reset has not worked but then later on put the older batteries back in and they work .

Is a button not sticking ? Drop a bit of isopropanol on it then click away it might have gunk in it especially if kids are about

the positive terminal on many batteries now have a very small pimple that does not sufficiently penetrate the plastic housing, after a while arcing effect can cause corrosion deposit to form a fine barrier on battery/contact. for firestick remotes i dab a small solder blob onto battery pimple, they then last ages

Its a pain every month.
I tried re-paring like some YouTube vids explain and its meant to solve it but not me.

Every month, 2 new AAA batteries

Its a pain every month.
I tried re-paring like some YouTube vids explain and its meant to solve it but not me.

Every month, 2 new AAA batteries
get rechargables decent ones you do get different grades buy four then you always have spare set charged.

There were some faulty controls. Pot luck if you got the better end of the deal. I use Panasonic. In TV control and old openbox, lucky if changed them once s year.

costco own brand are decentish for the price, be aware that there are lots of cheaper type branded batteries, duracell in particular now have a cheaper inferior version.
luckily for me I always have loads of part used batteries from work, proper Duracell normally or other high grade
once they lose 0.2v they are no use in the meters we use at work and therefore I always have a steady supply for remotes, kids toys etc, AA usually.

Back