Replacement key fob

teddybloat

TK Veteran
Father in law has a messed up key fob is there a way of getting a cheap replacement other than going through a dealer?

Yeah I think he needs one reprogramming.

Have seen spares on eBay etc and some sites offering reprogramming, but have no idea how legit or needed they are. Like is it something that can be done yourself etc.

Anyone with experience I'd be grateful

Yeah I think he needs one reprogramming.

Have seen spares on eBay etc and some sites offering reprogramming, but have no idea how legit or needed they are. Like is it something that can be done yourself etc.

Anyone with experience I'd be grateful

go on the car forums, some one trusted will be able to sort

you can get mobile key people these days who can cut and code a key in for half the price of the dealers , where you located?

wouldn't have a clue where that is mate, im from the north east lol , search for local car key makers/programming there mainly mobile these days and costs way less then a dealer

I used to work for a main dealer in the parts department in another country we had lots of people lose their keys. Some were bought through us and the lads use to have to just either put the key near the inside of the car or put the key in the ignition and do a few on/off's to program it. I oftern sent people to a local locksmith and name plate maker. He could often offer replacements keys at a fraction of the price. So I would give a local locksmith a call or maybe even somewhere like timpsons as you may be in look.

Back