Replacing VM Super Hub 3

doubleh

Hi guys,
I am really struggling to stream any films or series from my phone to my TV which I think is due to my VM SuperHub3. It's always dropping out and is always buffering. Some of my IPTV services become juddery near the end of films.
I have the Router up high and not behind anything. I am running it through a TP Link hub to give me more wired connections.
I see people are turning their VMSH into a stand alone modem and buying another router for the WiFi. Is that the best way to go? If so what is a good one to get? Is it worth spending over £100 on one? Don't really want to go over £150 if possible or if there's a cheaper one that does the same job what is it?
I'd appreciate any help and advice here.
Many Thanks

I just put my superhub in modem mode and used my old asus rt-n66u router and never had any problems.

It's still just as bad with the hub3. Only thing people are saying is to put it in modem mode and buy an alternative router. I just don't know which one to get. Looking for recommendations........

Have hub 3 but not really found issues with download or streaming. Only issue I find is wifi signal aint always great no matter band frequency or channel you have on.

But those who have third party routers probably have lesser problems. Different for some.

Back