Require a second opinion - regarding why "certain" channels freeze after a few mins and some channels work perfectly

Atari2600

Hi Forums family

Certain channels like, All the movies, All the sports and all the FTA in HD seems to work flawlessly - no glitching and no freezing.
But certain channels for example: All the international channels, Gold, Dave, all the factual channels like Discovery, Animal planet and certain music channels always seem to freeze after every 15 mins or so, for about 10-15 seconds then carry on working then freezes again etc.

I am trying to find out as to why this is happening and potentially to find a fix.
I have spoken to my line provider who said he is having no issues and that he is on the same server for his line, he provided me with another line from a different server saying to try this - but i am still having the same issue.

So not sure as to what is potentially causing this ? as my line provider says nothing is wrong, and i have tried a second line from him also

My internet speed is 100mb from virmin - i actually get between 90-120mb consistently
ping is 19ms according to google when im doing a speed test on my laptop
box is connected via Ethernet cable
The line i am using is CWS
Box is Zgemma star H1
Currently using Andy mc build but this problem was also happening on other builds such as ipab, wooshbuild, - i know this issue has nothing to do with the build

Any potential help or advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

if your provider is a cache server then the issues you are experiencing is pretty normal, popular channels clear well because the cache is kept fresh, less popular channels have issues because the cache is not refreshed as often and expires.

As said above, a provider with local cards should solve the problem as well as updating the software on your box.

Also that box is old and iPad is dead you will need to update to open atv 6.2 and a build of your choice!

All Builds

Hi Graham,

Yes i am aware that the box is very old and also ipab is dead.
I was just making you aware that i was - using ipab,

i am currently using Andy mc build and yes it is updated to atv 6.2

if your provider is a cache server then the issues you are experiencing is pretty normal, popular channels clear well because the cache is kept fresh, less popular channels have issues because the cache is not refreshed as often and expires.

As said above, a provider with local cards should solve the problem as well as updating the software on your box.

Thank you for that - now i understand.
I just got to a point as to what else i could potentially do on my end to fix but i totlly get it now,

thanks

Back