Windows 7 Restore/ recover disk problem

andy86

Hi guys I have a acer aspire 7750g running windows 7 home premium 64bit

My laptop did that auto update to windows 10 and it just wasn't for me and additionally it seemed to impact on my laptops performance

So I rolled back to to 7 and that's where the real problems began the machine became extremely slow I tried all sorts deleting anything non essential virus scans the lot nothing seemed to do much so I dug out my recovery disks I made Upton purchase

All seemed to be going well but shortly after having to insert disk 2 it gives up the recovery gets to 43% (now copying z:\images\pop010eao0xx1cf174.swm

It sour there on 43% for a good 5 mins then it pops up saying

Restore failed-error code=Ox17(dataerror (cyclic redundancy check ).)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sounds like it's a disc read error. Try giving the disc a good clean with a lint free cloth and trying again. If the same thing happens get in touch with Acer to send you a replacement disc.

in any machine ive ever upgraded,win 10 is faster.there are,however tweaks that can be done to make it run on older hardware.how long did you have it installed before you rolled back?

Hi guys I have a acer aspire 7750g running windows 7 home premium 64bit

My laptop did that auto update to windows 10 and it just wasn't for me and additionally it seemed to impact on my laptops performance

So I rolled back to to 7 and that's where the real problems began the machine became extremely slow I tried all sorts deleting anything non essential virus scans the lot nothing seemed to do much so I dug out my recovery disks I made Upton purchase

All seemed to be going well but shortly after having to insert disk 2 it gives up the recovery gets to 43% (now copying z:\images\pop010eao0xx1cf174.swm

It sour there on 43% for a good 5 mins then it pops up saying

Restore failed-error code=Ox17(dataerror (cyclic redundancy check ).)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

dont you have a windows 7 disc to restore your laptop ?
if not go to microsoft website and download one
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7

Hello, i would run a disk check through command prompt, you can do this from the Windows 7 recovery disk press alt and f10 then run chkdsk /f /r and let that run the disk check.

clean the disk and check for scratches,google how to restore badly scratched disks.
or clean disk and try to make a copy of it..i`ve managed to revive loads of disks..
but if you succeed..make a backup whilst the going is good.
Also clean CD and try to copy it on another pc..as dvd writers deteriate when not used regulary.

Back