WooshBuild Restoring backed up image/setting on Tiviar box

1vincent

Hello.

This morning my Tiviar Alpha+ box was stuck on 92 on the display.
I don't know why it was as i had set it to record 2 shows early morning.
I turned it off and on but it stuck at 49. Tried again about 6 timea leaving about half an hour inbetween but all the times it would just go to 49 and no more.
I tried connecting to the box using putty and filezilla but no connection was possible.

Looked on here and flashed using atv 6.3( i was on 6.1) and followed instructions and put on Infinity and then i went and did a restore but when it was finished some of my plugins were missing and no softcam panel was there. I have an iptv sub also and that was all over the place.

As i was on 6.1 to start with would it be possible to flash to 6.1 and then restore my settings and make it work again?

I also have a backup image called tiviar on a hard drive that was a full backup and i have reused that twice before and that worked ok so is it better to use that and if yes how do i go about reinstalling the Tiviar image.

The trouble with using settings restore will it work on newer images as things keep changing all the time and atv have fecked up more things for users with their updates and no softcam feeds.Plenty of posts say what to do to fix things.
I dont use atv but others could answer better if restores work and how to load softcams again.

getting stuck at 49 usually indicates a problem with the skin.
if you reflash or use your backup, use a different skin.
if you want to continue with the newer build, there's a softcam feed (4.3) in Resources at the top of this page, follow the instructions there to install it and get your softcams back, you can download whichever plugins are missing from downloadable plugins on the box by pressing green - green.
You may have to reinstall the iptv the way your provider told you to originally

I have run my Alpha+ on vix from day 1 on a motorised setup and never had a problem with it. Also use settings restore every time l update.

getting stuck at 49 usually indicates a problem with the skin.
if you reflash or use your backup, use a different skin.
if you want to continue with the newer build, there's a softcam feed (4.3) in Resources at the top of this page, follow the instructions there to install it and get your softcams back, you can download whichever plugins are missing from downloadable plugins on the box by pressing green - green.
You may have to reinstall the iptv the way your provider told you to originally

Thank you for your reply.

I used the Tiviar backup folder i have on the internal HD and put that on a usb and and rebooted the box with the usb in the front port and it flashed ok and all my settings,timers and plugins were there from the day the backup was made. The backup was from 3 weeks ago so some plugins were not on but when i backed up last week that backup was used yesterday when i had to put atv 6.3 on it so i dont know what the issue was maybe like you cactikid said a newer atv image is causing the problems.

If it happens again i will use the HD backup. I still have the atv 6.3 on there i think but i did not check the info page.

Back