Restoring h2s fullbackup using telnet

Baldlygo

I wish I could say I'm having one of those days but I can't because it has been several days:disappointed:
Without going into detail my h2s gets stuck on 49 and I no longer have openwebif access.
Using telnet from my Linux laptop, my question now is can I simply rename/move the folder /hdd/zegemma and replace it with the backup at /hdd/fullbackup_zgemmah2s/20191118_1343/zgemma ?

can you not just copy and extract that backup to usb thumbdrive and do normal usb install with recovery image.

Thanks urie - Actually I have never done any normal USB installs and have only flashed online. My hdd is a 1tb USB drive with many recordings.
Thinking further I do not need telnet - just plug my hdd into my Linux laptop and copy/rename the zgemma directories.

Thanks urie - Actually I have never done any normal USB installs and have only flashed online. My hdd is a 1tb USB drive with many recordings.
Thinking further I do not need telnet - just plug my hdd into my Linux laptop and copy/rename the zgemma directories.
Do not do that what ever you do and stick it back in the box and run this command line in putty init 4

your hard drive will not be touched do not change the files on there example picture of my backups on hard drive

in needed i would format thumb drive as fat32 and copy one of the usb backup files to laptop and extract that file to the thumbdrive and flash from that.

ok i see moshibeth is here he can help better more experience.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 10
If you alter anything on that hard drive it will not work on the box to allow to to recover it via prompt command codes.Using commands it has to have a usb or hard dive mounted or box can only be done via a usb flash

ok - I've flashed my backup from USB and put my USB drive back. It still only goes up to 49 on boot.
If I browse my network I can browse the folders on the h2s and also run telnet commands.

Perhaps I should say more about how I got in this state.

I have an h2s and an H9twin and for days I have been trying to add the h2s movie as a mount on the H9twin.
Things were not happening as expected so I thought I would try mounting my nas server on the h2s - via openwebif.

This appeared to go well so I needed to reboot to make sure the mount worked ok. Since I was in openwebif terminal I just typed reboot. That was when my trouble started. So I do not know if it was the new mount or the reboot command that has caused my problem.

I tried init 4 but it does not seem to have any effect.

yes urie - Since I can browse the disk I am thinking it must have mounted ok. Is there a way to create a boot log file?

Back