Retention deals

kegnkiwi

TK Veteran
Afternoon may i ask what retention deals people are being offer at the moment from virgin uk? I was paying £40.00 per month for 200mb internet and phone. It just went up to £54.00 so I cancelled it straight away whilst on the phone they offered me the price at £40.00 again and then £36.00 but for only 100mb. New deals are better than this so i have left it under cancellation and I have missed about 3 calls from them as they phone when I am at work and they will not talk to the other half. Before I ring them back what deals are people getting and including tv. I do have the option to let it cancel and take it out under another name.

You can get your wife put on the account. I got myself put on my aged parents account so they will talk to me. Trouble is they ask me for to verify myself using my parents "secret" password/DOB etc.

Or, can't you sign up as a new user in your partner's name?

I could do that but if i register her on the account then if they do not offer me the deal i want i will want to put a new contact in her name and there could be some conflict.

My 12 month VM contract ends mid April. I get 200Mbps, Weekend Calls and Player TV (M) Bundle (basically Freeview) for £44. Previously I had BB and Phone for £40 and thought a Tivo box was worth trying for £4/month = £48 over the year.

Various discounts expire during 2019 so as it stands it will go up to £48 on 15th October and £53 on 24th October 2019.

I called them yesterday saying I wanted to cancel because it costs too much, and could I give notice 30 days before my current contract ends (ie. in March) or did I have to wait until the contract ends to give notice. They said I had to wait until it ends (so it is a minimum 13 month contract).

They offered me either another £7/month off (presumably if I take another 13 month contract) but that would be cancelled out by the other offers coming to an end OR I could pay £5/month more and get "just a bit lower than the full-house bundle". I said I wasn't paying any more.

She said that there weren't many offers available at the moment as I was still in contract, and I should call back when my contact ends for better offers, so I will do that.

Interestingly, when I last kicked up a fuss about the prices they gave me a discount for having my speed lowered from 200Mbps to 100Mbps, and the next month they put it back up to 200Mps free of charge.

They are doing 200mb including phone and talk weekends at £32.00 per month. So either they get somewhere near this or I am putting it in the other halfs name as we have different surnames, i am hoping there is no issue.

My contract ended in December, I was on 100mb, phone line and player bundle (freeview) for £30 a month, they upped it to £45 so I cancelled. I was hoping they would offer a better deal for 200mb broadband but they wouldn't. Eventually lowered it to £27 to stay on 100mb and send back the Tivo box... And then a month later offered me the Tivo box back for £1.50 extra :emoji_confused:

I didn't realise I'm out of contract currently paying £43.74 a month for VIVID 100 Optical Fibre broadband only.

There's an upgrade option on my account online vivid 350 fibre, player tv with v6 box and weekend calls for £44.00

I don't want phone or TV so I might phone them and see if I can get anything cheaper.

Sort of related question: Do I need a VM TV service as well as Broadband to get cable TV via Zgemma or will it work without? If so I may try to get further discount by sending my Tivo back.

Sort of related question: Do I need a VM TV service as well as Broadband to get cable TV via Zgemma or will it work without? If so I may try to get further discount by sending my Tivo back.

It will work without Tivo as long as you have a live feed, I have internet only just so I could get connected. You could even ditch both as some havent had there feed cut off but you run the risk if it does.

Thanks, I remeber years ago when I had cancelled my Telewest account and sent all the equipment back, a year after that I discovered there was still a TV service coming through the cables. I never did it but there was supposed to be a way of getting broadband free if you cloned someone else's modem MAC id, as long as they lived in a different area. All interesting stuff.

I pay £20 per month for 100mb broadband only, for 1st 6 months then £23 for next 12 months plus £30 credit on bill.

I cancelled and they phoned me 2 days later. Retention deal are getting poorer. When you phone them. They orginallly offered me 100mb for £30 for 18 months.

Your new package now includes:
Player TV (M) - Virgin TV V6 Box. powered by TiVo - VIVID 350 Optical Fibre and home phone Your new monthly bundle cost is: £44.00

I pay £20 per month for 100mb broadband only, for 1st 6 months then £23 for next 12 months plus £30 credit on bill.

I cancelled and they phoned me 2 days later. Retention deal are getting poorer. When you phone them. They orginallly offered me 100mb for £30 for 18 months.
how much were you paying
do u know who you spoke too.. im out of contract and paying £34 a month for 50mb broadband only

Last edited:
Back