Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

Well, the call came faster than expected and I've got a deal. I had a pretty good deal which or I think so. It was 200mb bigger tv plus doc bolt on in HD, phone line, weekend call @ £38.00. I've just got them down to £37.00 for same deal but I threw a curveball in at the end and got my speed pushed up to 350mb for a £1.00 extra. So paying say as last year but now got 350mb. 18 month contract.

That's an excellent deal mate.

Especially getting 350mb which is the perfect sweet spot for the speed packages they currently offer. Nice one mate.

That's an excellent deal mate.

Especially getting 350mb which is the perfect sweet spot for the speed packages they currently offer. Nice one mate.
I also tried blagging the new superhub but only managed to get him to refer me to support. I've not given up yet though 😉

I also tried blagging the new superhub but only managed to get him to refer me to support. I've not given up yet though 😉

I wouldn't if I were you mate.

I was tempted to get it but think people on 1gig connection get the hub 4 only.

Hub 3 is ok not great by any means. But the hub 4 seriously is the worst. Read and watch reviews it's terrible and arguably the worst superhub they have brought out.

I wouldn't if I were you mate.

I was tempted to get it but think people on 1gig connection get the hub 4 only.

Hub 3 is ok not great by any means. But the hub 4 seriously is the worst. Read and watch reviews it's terrible and arguably the worst superhub they have brought out.
Thanks for the heads up 😁

Actually only issue I have is on odd occasion one or two devices fail to connect whilst the rest are fine a quick reboot fixes the issue. I was using it as an excuse to blad a hub four.😂

I know what you mean mate I successfully done it with hub 3 when only had hub 2 few years ago 😂 😂 😂

I tried blagging to get the hub 4 or free boosters. Even did their virgin connect and got poor reception but got nowhere. But after seeing the reviews I'd rather just splash on a top end router to do it all

I tried blagging to get the hub 4 or free boosters. Even did their virgin connect and got poor reception but got nowhere. But after seeing the reviews I'd rather just splash on a top end router to do it all

I asked them about their boosters. But said they replaced that with their own mesh system but don't have stock atm.

Asked them to sort me free but said not possible as these are additional equipment so are chargeable.

Yea told me it has to be at least 5 quid a month, would rather buy my own if their hub is anything to go off

Yea told me it has to be at least 5 quid a month, would rather buy my own if their hub is anything to go off

Think their mesh system is pretty good but personally would get a quality router or mesh system than their own ones. Hub 4 all over the Internet has nothing but negativity towards it not even hub 3 was/is as bad as it lol.

Mine 45, i gave in like a wimp last time.
mine went up to £36 from £33 and was due to go up again on my next bill to £44 so i phoned vm asked to be put through to retensions and told them that my contract was up and couldnt afford the price i was getting put up to also told them that when my contract is up i usually get the price put back down to £30 as iove been a loyal costomer for over 20 years so they put me back to £30 for 18 months 100 broadband happy days

Hi all has anyone had a call from vm that your wifi has been comprimised, i had one and Indian on the other end, she was wanting me to do something on laptop, but i could not make out a word she was saying, so she just hang up, so i looked online see if this was a spam call and loads said it was, so i phoned vm and went through all stuff do you have fault, so i said no 1 for wifi so hit 1, and it come up again hit think 1 and we have to rebbot your router, and they did it from there end. anyone else had call like that , and had they rebooted router..weird one.

Hi all has anyone had a call from vm that your wifi has been comprimised, i had one and Indian on the other end, she was wanting me to do something on laptop, but i could not make out a word she was saying, so she just hang up, so i looked online see if this was a spam call and loads said it was, so i phoned vm and went through all stuff do you have fault, so i said no 1 for wifi so hit 1, and it come up again hit think 1 and we have to rebbot your router, and they did it from there end. anyone else had call like that , and had they rebooted router..weird one.
Ive had it with sky exact same your router is at high risk they ask if you have a laptop to install certain software then clear your accounts.
I just give them abuse down phone then about an hour later same person rings back there a propper set of welts

Hi thanks, i had a feeling it was spam, but funny why they had to reboot my router, that i did not get, oh well done now..

Hi thanks, i had a feeling it was spam, but funny why they had to reboot my router, that i did not get, oh well done now..
They didn't have to reboot your router,
It will be an automatic system that does it when you say you have a problem with WiFi.

mine went up to £36 from £33 and was due to go up again on my next bill to £44 so i phoned vm asked to be put through to retensions and told them that my contract was up and couldnt afford the price i was getting put up to also told them that when my contract is up i usually get the price put back down to £30 as iove been a loyal costomer for over 20 years so they put me back to £30 for 18 months 100 broadband happy days
Im £29.99 200 fibre18 month free connection but that was new contract started in february .

Back