Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

Got it myself. Bb increase and double data on o2. Plus didn't get entered into a new contract. Contacted vm as soon as I got the email from volt saying benefits were active. Superhub 4 Is sh** though lol

Got it myself. Bb increase and double data on o2. Plus didn't get entered into a new contract. Contacted vm as soon as I got the email from volt saying benefits were active. Superhub 4 Is sh** though lol

Ye they dont tie you into a new contract. With price increase in April likely will have to contact both O2 and VM lol

Unless on 1gig speeds they dont normally give hub 4 which I assume is what your on. That hub is even worst than hub 3 and thats saying something.

Looking on the volt benefits page also, you seem to get up to 3 wireless pods free. Maybe good to have stable and good wifi connection and speeds but not top end mesh system.

been on chat with o2 via the app, and they asked me for my VM account number to apply volt benefits so hopefully i will get it soon, proper odd they asked me for it when i gave it to them earlier on in the chat.

I think u can get 3 free WiFi pods on volt

Ye not as good as deco and other mesh systems I believe but to give you stable and reliable WiFi connection and good speeds these pods should do the job.

Normally £5 a month so as a volt customer you can get up to 3 free.

vm just emailed me saying we can have 1gb now but when I go to website and go to upgrade page only offers me packages. Does anyone know how much 1gb is?

I have mobile with 02 and have VM bb, but VM is in the mrs name and they won't change it to my name, told me, she will need to cancel and then I will have to sign up in my name,, but 6 months left on contract, so they want termination fee's and then I loose the loyalty discount ontop.

02 said as I only just took out the contract then I could cancel and sign up in the mrs name, but I don't want to port my number into her name (not even sure I can anyway), so I get nothing from either of them, other than the same old line that they will be changing things soon, so the names on the accounts don't matter, as long as both at same address.

I have just tried to do the volt upgrade and this is what it says.

Thanks for your interest in Volt​

You'll be seeing this page for one of three reasons:
1. Your Volt benefits are active
Thanks for taking up Volt. We hope you're making the most of all the exclusive benefits.
2. Your Volt benefits are on the way
We'll let you know you as soon as your Volt benefits have been activated – this can take up to 14 days.
3. You're ineligible for Volt
Virgin Media isn't available at the address below, sorry. But we're always expanding our broadband network, so keep an eye on My O2 to see when Virgin Media becomes available to you. You can also stay up to date by visiting Supercharge your world with Volt | Virgin Media O2.

Is that right?

I have just tried to do the volt upgrade and this is what it says.

Thanks for your interest in Volt​

You'll be seeing this page for one of three reasons:
1. Your Volt benefits are active
Thanks for taking up Volt. We hope you're making the most of all the exclusive benefits.
2. Your Volt benefits are on the way
We'll let you know you as soon as your Volt benefits have been activated – this can take up to 14 days.
3. You're ineligible for Volt
Virgin Media isn't available at the address below, sorry. But we're always expanding our broadband network, so keep an eye on My O2 to see when Virgin Media becomes available to you. You can also stay up to date by visiting Supercharge your world with Volt | Virgin Media O2.

Is that right?

You wont get the volt benefits straight away.

The 14 day period is when you will see the benefits added.

Yes but that message from Virgin is useless.
It's basically saying:
1 You've already got it.
2 You might be getting it.
3 You're not having it.

Are people supposed to guess?
Nice way of putting it as always lol

I think people need to remember they have merged both companies so there will be some niggling issues and some may get the volt benefits added much sooner and others much later.

I am skeptical they may be trying to delay it also past the 14 day cooling period.

Just done the same after seeing this.

Nice one 👍

View attachment 67274

View attachment 67275

Just need a bit of patience lol.

Only if the benefits from both havent been activated closer to the 14 days then I would panic a bit lol.

But have seen people chatting to them and ringing them trying to get it sorted quicker and its worked for some.

As said before its a great deal this not just the data and price for it and other O2 benefits but the free speed increase you get from VM.

Back