Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

Just a game of patience mate.

When the outbound retentions team calls you are pretty much guaranteed a great deal from them.

Just let them call you a few times and see who will give you the best deal.

If no luck then can call them few days before the disconnection date and tell them you will stay.

You got nothing to lose mate.
Third callback was the better offer.

1st call back was £1 a month off
2nd call back was another £1 a month off
3rd was the deal I asked for before cancelling. LOL

Third callback was the better offer.

1st call back was £1 a month off
2nd call back was another £1 a month off
3rd was the deal I asked for before cancelling. LOL
Ye first couple of calls they just waste your time and just blag and nothing else.

Eventually you get the deal that is best possible.

Glad you got the deal you wanted mate.

Got my letter I pay £25 month for 100mg which was then went to 200mg with the O2 SIM going up to £28.50 is it worth the call and bluff try get cheaper deal?

Got my letter I pay £25 month for 100mg which was then went to 200mg with the O2 SIM going up to £28.50 is it worth the call and bluff try get cheaper deal?

Are you able to call the bluff while still in contract? Or is it in their TOS that they can do this price hike?

In contract or not where price increase happens you can leave without any penalties and try to negotiate then for a better deal. Was in contract and did this last year.

I imagine it's same with most companies.

In contract or not where price increase happens you can leave without any penalties and try to negotiate then for a better deal. Was in contract and did this last year.

I imagine it's same with most companies.

So if this price increase happens when in contract you can leave without paying a fee?

So if this price increase happens when in contract you can leave without paying a fee?
No you have to give the cancellation notice and can leave before the date they state without any penalties if you don't get a better deal. Even where your in contract already.

But if you try to leave when the price increase happens then of course you have to pay the termination fees.

Can seem confusing took me a while to understand what they meant.

When I called Virgin to tell them I was leaving after pressing the option for I’m thinking of leaving it gave me an automated offer of a £3 discount for 6 months without entering into a new contract. If you don’t want to risk it might be worth a call just to see if you get an automated offer, not much but may offset the price increase for 6 months.

When I called Virgin to tell them I was leaving after pressing the option for I’m thinking of leaving it gave me an automated offer of a £3 discount for 6 months without entering into a new contract. If you don’t want to risk it might be worth a call just to see if you get an automated offer, not much but may offset the price increase for 6 months.
the risk is low as even if you cancel, you can change your mind in the 30 days cancelation period if you are holding for a better offer. I did it a year back, cancelled, refused any offer they gave me as I was trying another provider at the time but they proved poor so called VM back on day 30 and got a deal better than I was offered when I first cancelled.

No you have to give the cancellation notice and can leave before the date they state without any penalties if you don't get a better deal. Even where your in contract already.

But if you try to leave when the price increase happens then of course you have to pay the termination fees.

Can seem confusing took me a while to understand what they meant.

Gotcha. Wasn't sure as I haven't received any notice yet about a price hike. @a1gunner £14 is the price to chase for 100mb match it with your Volt and you've got 200mb for 14 quid! lol @G_1981

IMG_20211114_192637.jpg

That's a bloody deal...I pay £19 thought I had it good lol

haha @G_1981 has set the bar now. Soon as our notices are in we are all in competition. If anyone get's it under a tenner I'll buy them something of Amazon for upto £25 you have my word lol!

@channelking Virgin are weird sometimes having a landline and a basic tv package is cheaper than having just the internet. One year I remember my BB was £23 but the guy said on the phone if i had a tivo box it be £21 for 18 months. Very odd.

haha @G_1981 has set the bar now. Soon as our notices are in we are all in competition. If anyone get's it under a tenner I'll buy them something of Amazon for upto £25 you have my word lol!

@channelking Virgin are weird sometimes having a landline and a basic tv package is cheaper than having just the internet. One year I remember my BB was £23 but the guy said on the phone if i had a tivo box it be £21 for 18 months. Very odd.
Ye true mate.

Got rid of TT as wanted to bring all services under one company.

Got a wicked deal at the time for 200mb and full landline. Whether can be done again who knows lol.

I wouldn't have landline at all but parents use it every day so have no choice to keep it.

Back