Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

Ye true mate.

Got rid of TT as wanted to bring all services under one company.

Got a wicked deal at the time for 200mb and full landline. Whether can be done again who knows lol.

I wouldn't have landline at all but parents use it every day so have no choice to keep it.

I see a lot of people these days just buying a unlimited Sim and using that as a hotspot now and doing away with BB. That could get messy and I don't think i'm that tight yet! I wouldn't put it past you doing that though mate lol. Cancelling your broadband and getting a unlimited Sim and running everything through it. Not a bad idea if you were really hard up (y)

I see a lot of people these days just buying a unlimited Sim and using that as a hotspot now and doing away with BB. That could get messy and I don't think i'm that tight yet! I wouldn't put it past you doing that though mate lol. Cancelling your broadband and getting a unlimited Sim and running everything through it. Not a bad idea if you were really hard up (y)
I actually wouldn't tbh.

Seen a few people complain can be hit and miss using mobile data that way and I wouldn't go down that route personally even if cheaper than BB.

If landline is needed that option wouldn't really work for us.

I actually wouldn't tbh.

Seen a few people complain can be hit and miss using mobile data that way and I wouldn't go down that route personally even if cheaper than BB.

If landline is needed that option wouldn't really work for us.

It could get really messy I guess. Ideal if you only use a few devices or live alone.

haha @G_1981 has set the bar now. Soon as our notices are in we are all in competition. If anyone get's it under a tenner I'll buy them something of Amazon for upto £25 you have my word lol!

@channelking Virgin are weird sometimes having a landline and a basic tv package is cheaper than having just the internet. One year I remember my BB was £23 but the guy said on the phone if i had a tivo box it be £21 for 18 months. Very odd.
I've never managed to get VM without the land line, always been a better deal with it for some reason

Hi my vermin broadband 100 was £27 a month with a free SIM included 5g data and unli mins and texts
at the the end of the contract it was going up to £44 a month (22 nd Jan )so before it was due to go up I put my notice in to say I was leaving
I then got my wife to sign up as new customer using her email address and bank account we got the new customer deal at £24 a month with a £50 voucher off vermin and £39 cashback of quidco so we are now paying £19 .05 a month
I then got a Plusnet SIM for £6 a month
5 g data unlim mins and texts with £28 cashback off quidco so paying £3.66 a month for SIM
both the SIM and broadband cost £22.66 a month
got one call from retentions asking would I go down to 50 mb broadband without SIM for £25 I declined there offer

Hi , I have just received the VM letter about the increase and my renewal is soon , What number will the retentions team ring back on becuase i have a Bt blocker on , So i need to know the number so i can make sure i input it into my phone so they can get through to me .
Thanks in Advance

Hi , I have just received the VM letter about the increase and my renewal is soon , What number will the retentions team ring back on becuase i have a Bt blocker on , So i need to know the number so i can make sure i input it into my phone so they can get through to me .
Thanks in Advance
This is the number they rang me from

0330 303 5334

I haven't had a letter either but i am on the ooomph bundle (or what ever its called) and i am not sure the price increase applies to that.

Following the advice on the last page, I have just rung VM (0800 052 2001), went through the options until I got to the 'thinking of leaving us' bit, then the automated voice offered me £3.25 discount
for 6 months (£3.25 was the same as my price increase from 1 March)

Following the advice on the last page, I have just rung VM (0800 052 2001), went through the options until I got to the 'thinking of leaving us' bit, then the automated voice offered me £3.25 discount
for 6 months (£3.25 was the same as my price increase from 1 March)
Ye if don't want to go through hassle of cancellation etc then getting the discount for 6 months from the automated option is still good.

Im with VM. Still waiting on my Letter.
Is this Price Increase, for All Customers ?
Yes for all customers even as new customer for almost a year and even though I am on fixed contract price for 18 months price will go up after fixed contract is up but so will full cost deal was £29 for 200mb once contract is up think it will be £50 + price rise.

Yes for all customers even as new customer for almost a year and even though I am on fixed contract price for 18 months price will go up after fixed contract is up but so will full cost deal was £29 for 200mb once contract is up think it will be £50 + price rise.
Yes similar to me I'm half way through an 18 month contrac paying £32 a month for 200mbs ( BB only) but got the lettet saying going up £3-50 1st March, rang them to say shove it and will be cancelling before their date , no cancel fees before 21st Feb. asked if this was correct and arsehole on the phone said "ITS IN THE SMALL PRINT" contract or no contract , will be ringing back before Feb.

Yes similar to me I'm half way through an 18 month contrac paying £32 a month for 200mbs ( BB only) but got the lettet saying going up £3-50 1st March, rang them to say shove it and will be cancelling before their date , no cancel fees before 21st Feb. asked if this was correct and arsehole on the phone said "ITS IN THE SMALL PRINT" contract or no contract , will be ringing back before Feb.
Yes £3.50 thats how much ours will go up.

Yes £3.50 thats how much ours will go up.
Makes you think ,whats the point in entering into a contract if they can increase prices anytime ?. There was a post earlier about someone getting 100mbs with free Sim and texts and minutes, might pursue that when I phone them to start cancellation rigmarole, lol

Makes you think ,whats the point in entering into a contract if they can increase prices anytime ?. There was a post earlier about someone getting 100mbs with free Sim and texts and minutes, might pursue that when I phone them to start cancellation rigmarole, lol
But they haven't increased it anytime ours will get the increase one contract is up. Not aimed at you but Why is there not a thread saying we all cancel our electrical and gas providers try and call there retensions team , were talking £5 a month where as gas and electric has almost doubled daily you don't pay that you freeze or without electricity not broadband unless sim based :smiley:

Back