Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

Had a call from one of the VM people in the afternoon and with non stop haggling and willing to move my main landline with them they didnt offer a decent deal seemed more expensive with porting my landline over from other provider to VM which dont get. As will still be just one line wih VM and want anytime calls package which is £20 extra.

do people still go for the anytime calls? actually do people still use the landline? most people I know just have a landline with phone stuck in the corner just because it's cheaper to keep it than it is to go broadband only

do people still go for the anytime calls? actually do people still use the landline? most people I know just have a landline with phone stuck in the corner just because it's cheaper to keep it than it is to go broadband only

Thing is mate the landline is such an old number we cant lose had it going back into the 80s. But most of all my parents use it nearly every day and everyones know the number so have no choice to keep it even though I hate having it.

TT robbing us blind have for years so thats why would have been willing to port the number across to VM. But speaking to them even doing that having anytime calls makes a joke of a price.

If leave the weekend calls and 100mb as it is then price is decent.

Really in dilemna its really bugging me.

VM anytime calls are £8.00 (that's what I am paying) - where does the £20 you have been quoted come from?

I am aware of that myself mate and even called them out on that but they were spinning BS that its in affect a new landline when it damn well isnt.

Its not a second landline. All I wanted to do was transfer my number from TT to VM thats it and use that one for anytime calls..

TBH these people who called me back imo are useless. Others have been lucky and fair play to them who got great deals.

Going back and forth with the individual was a waste of time as they werent budging and also seemed like they wouldnt call me again with their tone.

Yea it is bullsh+t : you should be able to upgrade your current contract to include anytime calls (maybe 'port' your number afterwards?)

Is it a takeover as in do openreach own the vm phone lines??? As tt is owned by openreach so you don't need to port the number its just a take over if so

Yea it is bullsh+t : you should be able to upgrade your current contract to include anytime calls (maybe 'port' your number afterwards?)

Can't be as cancelled TT also.

My plan was to have same landline with VM as one package and get rid of TT.

I have to port number before TT disconnection date other wise lose the number.

But what's the point when VM are being greedy and ripping off just to have anytime calls instead of weekend on new ported landline number.

Is it a takeover as in do openreach own the vm phone lines??? As tt is owned by openreach so you don't need to port the number its just a take over if so

No have VM own landline which they fitted.

TT said to keep my landline number have to get other provider to request to port it to them. Then when done everything will be disconnected with TT.

Porting the number VM can do not the issue. Issue is how they are blindly conning me for anytime calls that would be on this landline that would replace the other vm landline number.

Can't be as cancelled TT also.

My plan was to have same landline with VM as one package and get rid of TT.

I have to port number before TT disconnection date other wise lose the number.

But what's the point when VM are being greedy and ripping off just to have anytime calls instead of weekend on new ported landline number.

No have VM own landline which they fitted.

TT said to keep my landline number have to get other provider to request to port it to them. Then when done everything will be disconnected with TT.

Porting the number VM can do not the issue. Issue is how they are blindly conning me for anytime calls that would be on this landline that would replace the other vm landline number.
Ahh so not as plain sailing as it is for openreach owned lines hope you get it sorted bud

Let's see if comes to it and have no other option but cancel the cancellation with TT.

Last thing want to do but seems likely that's what will happen.
Just a little bit from the Virgin Media forum -- Better cancel the cancellation of TT !!

"..Welcome to our Forum alastaird and thanks for posting.

I want to rubber stamp @nodrogd advice to not cancel your Talk Talk landline if you wish to port the number to us as it must be an active line to port. If you've already asked them to disconnect your Talk Talk account, please call them to cancel the disconnection as the open order on their system would stop us from placing a port order with them.

Are you already installed? If not then we'll have to wait until the installation has been completed and we can simply raise a number change on your account for the port. It can take up to 10 days depending on how many Operators are involved and whether for example you've moved address whilst switching Operators......"

Transfer a TalkTalk phone number to Virgin landline

Just a little bit from the Virgin Media forum -- Better cancel the cancellation of TT !!

I want to rubber stamp @nodrogd advice to not cancel your Talk Talk landline if you wish to port the number to us as it must be an active line to port. If you've already asked them to disconnect your Talk Talk account, please call them to cancel the disconnection as the open order on their system would stop us from placing a port order with them.

Are you already installed? If not then we'll have to wait until the installation has been completed and we can simply raise a number change on your account for the port. It can take up to 10 days depending on how many Operators are involved and whether for example you've moved address whilst switching Operators......"

So it's just like a take over with other network providers line has to be active for the number to be transfered

Know that mate.

Purposely haven't cancelled the cancellation as wanted to see what VM could do before I would do that.

Seeing as VM want to rob me more like TT will just cancel the cancellation with TT and just stick with them for landline.

Can Vouch its best to put Cancellation order in, to get the best deals.
Was Paying £33 a month, for 100 meg line and Phone.

When I called to cancel, they offered £35. More than I was paying.
So I Put the Cancel order in.

Retentions called back twice, after 1 week.
They offered me £18 a month, for same package.
It was a good offer, so took it.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic so apologies.

But anyone who has left TT did you have to give things of theirs back?

I ask as have you view box from them and homeplugs and person who sent them out for free few years ago said can keep them for good and don't have to give them back.

Slightly off topic so apologies.

But anyone who has left TT did you have to give things of theirs back?

I ask as have you view box from them and homeplugs and person who sent them out for free few years ago said can keep them for good and don't have to give them back.
So you've answered your own question!!!!
With you can keep then don't have to give them back

So you've answered your own question!!!!
With you can keep then don't have to give them back

Not really.

As person I spoke to over the phone was adamant that I have to return them or face charges.

Hence why I asked the question of other peoples experience here and whether they returned it back to them.

Not heard of them but these Independant companies are great for speed and reliability.

Mate in Telford is with one of them and rates them very highly.

1gb speeds from that link looks pretty good mate.
Apparently June is on the cards, Mrs & Daughter work from home, cannot afford disconnects..so a little sceptical atm

Can Vouch its best to put Cancellation order in, to get the best deals.
Was Paying £33 a month, for 100 meg line and Phone.

When I called to cancel, they offered £35. More than I was paying.
So I Put the Cancel order in.

Retentions called back twice, after 1 week.
They offered me £18 a month, for same package.
It was a good offer, so took it.

Had similar

Cancelled. 3rd Callback was the better deal.

Its who blinks 1st. Dont give in.

Back