Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

I love how they end up coming with reasons like only for today only we can offer you this and won't be available again or if you keep haggling they would say unlikely you will get better until you have someone else call you.

I love how they end up coming with reasons like only for today only we can offer you this and won't be available again or if you keep haggling they would say unlikely you will get better until you have someone else call you.
They also love to include this deal is strictly point of call and won’t be available at any other time again

I’ve had them call me back and the 3rd time just before the 30 days was up they offered me 200mb bb and phone £24 a month.
Pretty good deal i reckon

They also love to include this deal is strictly point of call and won’t be available at any other time again

Like that one lol.

Some of what they came out with legit made my laugh as well as peeving me off.

They sales people and no doubt they get commission with trying to keep customers.

I’ve had them call me back and the 3rd time just before the 30 days was up they offered me 200mb bb and phone £24 a month.
Pretty good deal i reckon

That's pretty good mate.

That phone anytime calls?

Like that one lol.

Some of what they came out with legit made my laugh as well as peeving me off.

They sales people and no doubt they get commission with trying to keep customers.

That's pretty good mate.

That phone anytime calls?
No unfortunately weekends only.

You need to make sure they have your contact number as it happened to me several years ago.. did the old cancel and give notice trick and got no call back :LOL: now i do the same and get a call back usually get offered 100mb for £24.

Have also had a family member get 100mb bb for £22 a month with anytime calls.

It varies for everyone especially ones who been with VM for so long.

My cousin has 350mb BB and pays only £24 a month.

Some would get better deals than others mainly because of the length of time they been with the company.

I always phone up haggle and then cancel when I don't get the deal I want and especially when they up there price. However this year I didn't get any call back so I went through with the cancellation which I wasn't expecting to do. Surprised I'd never thought of it before but I took out a new customer BB connection in my missus's name. So got the new customer deal which is better than existing customer loyalty deals. I had to send existing router back and got a brand new one sent out. Cost them money surely in the long run. Think i was down for one day....had to talk to the family which was weird :LOL:

I always phone up haggle and then cancel when I don't get the deal I want and especially when they up there price. However this year I didn't get any call back so I went through with the cancellation which I wasn't expecting to do. Surprised I'd never thought of it before but I took out a new customer BB connection in my missus's name. So got the new customer deal which is better than existing customer loyalty deals. I had to send existing router back and got a brand new one sent out. Cost them money surely in the long run. Think i was down for one day....had to talk to the family which was weird :LOL:

Generally speaking you would get the best deals than a new customer especially if your a long standing customer.

Some maybe lucky than others but new customers generally won't get the deals than existing long term customers would get especially when you place a cancellation notice on the account.

Generally speaking you would get the best deals than a new customer especially if your a long standing customer.

Some maybe lucky than others but new customers generally won't get the deals than existing long term customers would get especially when you place a cancellation notice on the account.
I totally disagree with that from my experience and even my friends and families experience. New customers always get brilliant deals that as a loyal customer I could only ever match at best.

I totally disagree with that from my experience and even my friends and families experience. New customers always get brilliant deals that as a loyal customer I could only ever match at best.

Fair enough.

Few people I know are paying what new customers could dream of.

Whether it's the fact they been with VM/telewest/NTL for 20-25 years I don't know but seems a major factor.

Fair enough.

Few people I know are paying what new customers could dream of.

Whether it's the fact they been with VM/telewest/NTL for 20-25 years I don't know but seems a major factor.
I can vouch for that, sly are also the same the deals they offer to customers leaving or who have left are remarkable. A pal of mine left 5 months ago and just the other day got offered the entire package at £55 a month inc sports, fibre bb, multiroom, cinema and Hd

My contract ran out in March, VM wanted to put it up to £73pm from about £55 for 200mb BB, phone that never gets used and basic TV.
Rang them up, told them I'd been with them 23 years from when they were Nynex, cable and wireless, NTL etc and I was moving to Sky for £39pm (BB speed wasn't as good) and it was a joke that they don't look after loyal existing customers.
They rang me back a week later and offered me Maxit HD TV package (a lot more channels all in HD) with BT sport included, same BB speed and phone for £41pm on 18 month contract.
They said its because I was a loyal customer, probably not true but happy with result.

I was going to pack in Virgin in March, they wanted £57. When they called back it was £33 for 18 months. As we discussed this they offered £15 for broadband only. I accepted as it was for computer.

They put virgin in our street just before Christmas and a bloke came to the door to sign people up, i couldn't do anything then as i still had 6month left with EE.
Couple of weeks ago saw a deal on line 350 meg unlimited landline calls ( r lass uses this all the time) a sim with 5gb data unlimited calls and texts even to uk mobiles £50.
I thought that good enough for me, it took me a week to find out the exact leaving date and get around to getting it but the deal had gone.
I still had the details of the original door to door guy so i gave him a call, he gave us 3 months calls (normally £5) no instalation fee no setup fee 500meg and the same sim deal £52 I signed there and then.
I don't need that speed at all but if it's on offer i'll have it!

Back