Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

Took a long time and not something want to go through with how stressful whole thing was.

TT is finally fully disconnected which I'm glad about. Mobile sim is thing gona look out for now.

Anyway they upgraded me to 200mb not that will help me probably. Plus anytime calls which was big thing for me because for parents. For £24 a month very decent price I must say so.

Slightly off topic those with any time calls 0800, 0808 and 0500 this ok to call from the land line? Was told 0845 and 0870 and free to call on the land line again is this true as was under the impression they were chargeable numbers?

0800, 0808 and 0500 - these are Free numbers (0500 is obsolete though) :: 0845 and 0870 are chargeable
the Anytime calls covers those beginning with 01/02/03..

Cracking price by the way !

0800, 0808 and 0500 - these are Free numbers (0500 is obsolete though) :: 0845 and 0870 are chargeable
the Anytime calls covers those beginning with 01/02/03..

Cracking price by the way !

Are you sure about the 0845 and 0870 mate.

Numerous reps said 0845 and 0870 numbers are free to call from landline if your on the anytime package.

Hence why I'm hesitant to call them numbers as think they maybe be misinformed lol.

01 02 03 and 07 as free. Would have been good if 0845 and 0870 was covered also.

Ye very decent price seeing what few of them came out with originally 🤣 🤣 🤣

O845 and 0870 are only free if included in package (anytime calls) or weekends only but most buisnesses are closed weekends, so yes they are chargeable.. same on mobile if unlimited mins no prob but if say on 300 mins sim it uses your minutes up.

O845 and 0870 are only free if included in package (anytime calls) or weekends only but most buisnesses are closed weekends, so yes they are chargeable.. same on mobile if unlimited mins no prob but if say on 300 mins sim it uses your minutes up.

So they are free to call if your on the anytime calls package?

If so would be very useful and handful for sure as TT never had these number for free on their any time calls package.

ChannelKing - If you look at this page ::: Compare Landline Phone Plans :: scroll to "Talk More Anytime" section, then click on 'Show Info' ; it says

Call costsDaytime calls Monday to Friday 7am - 7pmEvening calls Monday to Friday 7pm - 7amWeekend calls Midnight on Friday to Midnight on Sunday
UK landlines∆
(numbers beginning 01, 02 or 03, not other numbers such as 084, 070)
InclusiveInclusiveInclusive
Mobile numbersµInclusiveInclusiveInclusive
Freephone numbersInclusiveInclusiveInclusive
0870 service numbers▲Access charge + service chargeInclusiveInclusive
0845 service numbers▲Access charge + service chargeInclusiveInclusive
Other service numbers▲
(beginning 084; 087; 09; and 118)
Access charge + service chargeAccess charge + service chargeAccess charge + service charge

ChannelKing - If you look at this page ::: Compare Landline Phone Plans :: scroll to "Talk More Anytime" section, then click on 'Show Info' ; it says

Call costsDaytime calls Monday to Friday 7am - 7pmEvening calls Monday to Friday 7pm - 7amWeekend calls Midnight on Friday to Midnight on Sunday
UK landlines∆
(numbers beginning 01, 02 or 03, not other numbers such as 084, 070)
InclusiveInclusiveInclusive
Mobile numbersµInclusiveInclusiveInclusive
Freephone numbersInclusiveInclusiveInclusive
0870 service numbers▲Access charge + service chargeInclusiveInclusive
0845 service numbers▲Access charge + service chargeInclusiveInclusive
Other service numbers▲
(beginning 084; 087; 09; and 118)
Access charge + service chargeAccess charge + service chargeAccess charge + service charge

Ye very strange why few of the reps stated those two numbers were free anytime and any day on my package when clearly it isn't in daytime on weekdays.

Think I may stay away from those two numbers. Don't want potential charges being incurred.

I'm just jumping on the thread here, I've just given vm my cancellation. I currently have 200mb broadband and landline with weekend calls, maxit tv with bolt on docs pack in hd for £38.00. Only got a text 2 days ago telling me I am coming out of contract in 30 days, they are actually taking nearly £60.00 out of the account tomorrow :( . The price is going up to £76.00. No, it ain't. Went through 1st line retentions and got offered £54 for same package then £51.00. I told them to put me through cancellations and then spoke with another. They told me £48.00 and then got it down to £43.00. This is still £5.00 per month more than I am paying. I did not accept and progressed the cancellation. Now it's a waiting game.

I'm just jumping on the thread here, I've just given vm my cancellation. I currently have 200mb broadband and landline with weekend calls, maxit tv with bolt on docs pack in hd for £38.00. Only got a text 2 days ago telling me I am coming out of contract in 30 days, they are actually taking nearly £60.00 out of the account tomorrow :( . The price is going up to £76.00. No, it ain't. Went through 1st line retentions and got offered £54 for same package then £51.00. I told them to put me through cancellations and then spoke with another. They told me £48.00 and then got it down to £43.00. This is still £5.00 per month more than I am paying. I did not accept and progressed the cancellation. Now it's a waiting game.

Well done. You done what most people fail to do. Cancel completely and wait until the real retentions people call you and give you the deal you desire.

I do this near enough every time my contract ends. Retentions normally call me several days before my complete termination date.

Just stick to your guns mate even if it takes a handful amount of times you will get what you want near enough.

If you get the call from the below number they are the retentions outbound team who give the best deals and took few times but got the best deal possible for myself from the rep who called me from this number.

I have two other options available to me also, the other half has a different name to me anyway so we can sign up under a new name. I have also just checked and it seems my house is actually in a 3 network 5g area. I have a 5g phone on giffgaff but their 5g does not reach our house. Whilst testing the giffgaff network in our city at the weekend I got 312Mb download speed on the phone. I am itching to head home after work and try and find out what speed to 3 network 5g is in the house. I have 3 4g sim in my dual sim but not sure the sim can handle 5g.

I have two other options available to me also, the other half has a different name to me anyway so we can sign up under a new name. I have also just checked and it seems my house is actually in a 3 network 5g area. I have a 5g phone on giffgaff but their 5g does not reach our house. Whilst testing the giffgaff network in our city at the weekend I got 312Mb download speed on the phone. I am itching to head home after work and try and find out what speed to 3 network 5g is in the house. I have 3 4g sim in my dual sim but not sure the sim can handle 5g.

I think generally you will get the best deals through the outbound retentions team than you would if you were a new customer.

Can't really comment myself regarding mobile Internet being used through the router as main connection. Think a few have that setup on here though who would be better advise regarding that.

@kegnkiwi
Your doing it right m8, even if you get to the last day and you've not received a callback ring them say you missed a call from Virgin.
Ask for retentions and say someone rang yours but spoke to your partner your not sure which department. Say, "Was it about an offer ?", say if you've anything you might consider

Promise you, they will, their on commission, browny points to keep you

@kegnkiwi
Your doing it right m8, even if you get to the last day and you've not received a callback ring them say you missed a call from Virgin.
Ask for retentions and say someone rang yours but spoke to your partner your not sure which department. Say, "Was it about an offer ?", say if you've anything you might consider

Promise you, they will, their on commission, browny points to keep you

I did similar had a few missed calls as well from them.

Rang that number above few times chatted some nonsense lol and they eventually gave me a pretty decent deal. Could tell they wanted to do everything to keep me in the end lol.

Well, the call came faster than expected and I've got a deal. I had a pretty good deal which or I think so. It was 200mb bigger tv plus doc bolt on in HD, phone line, weekend call @ £38.00. I've just got them down to £37.00 for same deal but I threw a curveball in at the end and got my speed pushed up to 350mb for a £1.00 extra. So paying say as last year but now got 350mb. 18 month contract.

Back