Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

Good to hear like I keep saying ignore the scare mongerers who say " They never called me back" their lying they probably missed the call or work for Virgin. Sit tight retensions will 100% call you then that's when you bang your drum
Only retentions didn't ring - prit rang them.

Good to hear like I keep saying ignore the scare mongerers who say " They never called me back" their lying they probably missed the call or work for Virgin. Sit tight retensions will 100% call you then that's when you bang your drum
They never called me, im not one to make that up. I ended up ringing them and cancelling my cancelation.

Bit off topic another provider for different service increased price.

Have gave cancellation notice but still no call from them. Two weeks gone as well.

Might go back to them a day before the cut off date if it comes to it.

Ring retentions (make sure its retentions not some other department) and ask them were's your returns box and labels ?, that might jog their memory.
Explain yoy might have missed a call from retentions (blag em).

You could even ask what deals are on offer if you were to stop ?. When they rang me I made sure they had my mobile number and explained I don't answer the house landline due to cold callers so they rang me on that.

Gotta be hard faced to get anything these days.
You can cancel your leaving at any point up to the time date your due to be cut. Hang in there

my contract was up and was on £29 pm for 100mb, so rang them and said i saw a £23 pm with vodafone so played hardball with them, they said i could have same deal for 18m, so i said no, in the end i said double it to 200mb and i will stay so they did for 18m, i said at the end of the day they have £400 rather than nothing

Managed to get manager at VM to waive any termination fees with never receiving notice in the first place and could leave.

So few days ago gave them cancellation notice and yesterday they called me.

Unusually it was from a mobile number. Guessing the retentions team like many others still working from home.

But was a crappy offer he gave and just said that was best he could do.

Let's see if they call a few more times or not.

I can only vouch for myself and 1000's of others who have cancelled and get the callback once their contact has ended or close to its end date.
I don't know what you mean by "Cancellation fees". I always cancel at the end of my current contract so I take your cancelling mid contract ?. I would have it a guess that your hit with a fee.
I've read were lots have resigned straight after using their wife's or husbands or even sons or daughters name (diff account).
If you mention this senario on the so called independent Virgin forum guys with like 30k message replies jump all over you saying you face a lifetime ban,
30k and you don't work for Virgin ?

Give me strength, how the f##k can you get 30k of replies on one topic.
Now there's a night out to look forward to with those guys!!

I put my cancellation in last year when i was nearing the end of my contract. The retentions team were working from home so you do get a call from a mobile number once you put your cancellation through. They called me a couple of days after like they do with most people and offered me a deal. To be fair it was a good deal but i played hardball and told them I was not ready to take the deal. I then waited and waited for another callback and it never came. Within about 2 days left I called them up and tried to take the deal, I had been offered but they could not offer me it, but they did say they could get an email to the retentions team and they would give me a call. They did as they said they would do and I got the call. I took the deal they originally offered me. 200mb broadband, telephone, weekend calls, medium tv but with documentary hd bolt-on for £38.00 for 12 months.

Yeah that's what can happen if you refuse thier offer from retentions callback "after" you've cancelled.

Some years ago I did similar were they offered me Sports free for 6 month or something similar. I said I'll think about it they said this deals on the table now and might not be here tomorrow.
When I called back the day after it had gone. My advise is, barter, barter, barter, while their on the line. Keep at them but more important TELL THEM what deal your after. Aim high them work your way down the ladder. You might not get what a new customer can get but you can get mighty close to it

I can only vouch for myself and 1000's of others who have cancelled and get the callback once their contact has ended or close to its end date.
I don't know what you mean by "Cancellation fees". I always cancel at the end of my current contract so I take your cancelling mid contract ?. I would have it a guess that your hit with a fee.
I've read were lots have resigned straight after using their wife's or husbands or even sons or daughters name (diff account).
If you mention this senario on the so called independent Virgin forum guys with like 30k message replies jump all over you saying you face a lifetime ban,
30k and you don't work for Virgin ?

Give me strength, how the f##k can you get 30k of replies on one topic.
Now there's a night out to look forward to with those guys!!

In regards to the termination fees I mean these would have been applicable after the price increase.

As they never sent me notice of the price increase fees would have applied. So disputed that and manager allowed me to leave without fees being applied.

Speaking to the retentions guy he seemed stubborn and wasnt willing to negotiate on a deal. Whether I get another call who knows. If not will just call them in a few weeks.

Maybe be positive for other but thus far nothing good has happened for me.

Last edited:
I'm sure these guys work on points or commission. It's their job to make sure people don't leave and they resign as many as they can for the new 18 month.

If they don't ring you it will be because, they probably have called you and you failed to answer or you did take the call but you didn't drum out a deal there and then.

I'd call them honestly, make up some cock n bull. I know I would not sign back up to the deal your currently on, not a chance their ripping you off.
I would,
Let it run out and resign using someone else in the house. We're not talking a couple of quid here. Mine was nearly 50% less so over the new 18 months deal I got I'll be roughly saving around £450 so it's worth pursuing.

I get 200 meg download. Cheap tv never used and a free sim 2 gig data unlimited mobile calls and texts. Plus landline free at weekends. £38.50 a month.

I have had retentions call me on couple of different numbers now.

But last few times missed their call. Not intentionally but they call at random times so bound to miss their calls.

Could see them not calling again tbh which will be on me for not answering those times.

im with VM but city fibre have just layed new cable in the area, ive registered im interested to have a service with them as soon as its possible
just need prices..

Had a call from one of the VM people in the afternoon and with non stop haggling and willing to move my main landline with them they didnt offer a decent deal seemed more expensive with porting my landline over from other provider to VM which dont get. As will still be just one line wih VM and want anytime calls package which is £20 extra.

Back