Broadband Retentions leaving Virgin question - Price increase

I got leverage as reported the cabinet bottom of my street in spring, it's that full of connections it's bulging out. Nothing has changed it's still the same now. Doesn't seem to caused issues yet but it looks a right mess, notice quite a few the same on my dog walks

Make sure you never take any deals when you call up giving your 30 day notice. Outbound sales will always give you discounts.

Top tip to get your payments down is to call up and cancel even if you've a long contract, just do it then you'll get the outbound team knocking it down, just make something up about it being so bad happy to pay off leave early. You get 30 days before the disconnection so in the unlikely event they don't call up with a begging deal you can call say a few days before and stay with them. Nothing to loose and everything to gain! Don't waver and you'll get discounted.

View attachment 67461
Wow what a price your paying for that package mate. Bargain really.

Mine is with full line rental and 200mb so slightly more.

Was supposed to of got the new hub thrown in too but it appears it was BS to get me signed up, that's what reps have said since anyway.

New hub 4 is worse than hub 3 so you avoided that crap for the better.

Make sure you never take any deals when you call up giving your 30 day notice. Outbound sales will always give you discounts.

Top tip to get your payments down is to call up and cancel even if you've a long contract, just do it then you'll get the outbound team knocking it down, just make something up about it being so bad happy to pay off leave early. You get 30 days before the disconnection so in the unlikely event they don't call up with a begging deal you can call say a few days before and stay with them. Nothing to loose and everything to gain! Don't waver and you'll get discounted.

View attachment 67461

This is it. People tend to not get good deals as they bottle it within the 30 days. Literally wait until the last 24 hours and if they still haven't phoned then panic but they will phone. That's when you get the best price.

Your price is less than mine now I have some competition. Watch this space.

Ima get the misses to shout at me in the background that she can't watch shitty Iplayer as Virgin keeps cutting out while I'm on the phone to retentions. And she's leaving me and taking the dog to her new boyfriends house who has gigabit internet. I'm then going to start crying and have a breakdown on the phone and asking the retentions guy to transfer my call to samaritans ASAP. Hopefully this pays off. My aim is single digit monthly charge after this guilt trip effort. Cue this space!

Lol, be ruthless like they are on customers. Literally try and baffle you with nonsense, did have a woman that really made me laugh with completely false statements saying how much data I use that I should be on a higher package. You can imagine some little old lady or someone vulnerable panicking and upgrading if they don't have anyone to sort new contracts.

Lol, be ruthless like they are on customers. Literally try and baffle you with nonsense, did have a woman that really made me laugh with completely false statements saying how much data I use that I should be on a higher package. You can imagine some little old lady or someone vulnerable panicking and upgrading if they don't have anyone to sort new contracts.

Sadly sales people VM or anyone for that matter selling whatever products and services they sell are all vultures trying to make as much money as they can for their bosses and dont give a toss if its a young person or and elderly person.

Slightly off topic but a close family friend is a BT engineer and he said he gets some great perks from them for free such BT tv and fibre broadband.

He was just gloating he has got 1gig fibre broadband recently for free lol.

Guessing all these network engineers be it VM or BT get such perks. Would love to do their job now lol.

Those who have been volted and got double data from O2 and speed increase from VM have a question.

Did VM enter you into a new contract and even increase your monthly bill price?

Having a nightmare with them as they are saying price will go up and will have to be a new contract as the speed increase isn't free.

Those who have been volted and got double data from O2 and speed increase from VM have a question.

Did VM enter you into a new contract and even increase your monthly bill price?

Having a nightmare with them as they are saying price will go up and will have to be a new contract as the speed increase isn't free.
O2 data was doubled and Virgin went from 200 to 350,my virgin bill will not increase till Feb 23,its £32 then will go to £50 but then i will haggle for a cheaper price.

Adding volt i went through O2 and gave them all the details of the virgin account and it was added after 14 days ,I did not speak to Virgin

O2 data was doubled and Virgin went from 200 to 350,my virgin bill will not increase till Feb 23,its £32 then will go to £50 but then i will haggle for a cheaper price.

Adding volt i went through O2 and gave them all the details of the virgin account and it was added after 14 days ,I did not speak to Virgin
Is that increase in Feb due to being out of contract or price increase that is for all companies every year?

Seems everyone has had differing experience on the link on HUKD as some spoke to VM and got it sorted and some both companies.

For me VM aint budging saying the speed increase will form a new contract and price will increase as well despite explaining to them volt doesnt work like that. But multiple reps said same thing.

Dont know what to do next.

Is that increase in Feb due to being out of contract or price increase that is for all companies every year?

End of discount from when i renewed the contract in august.

Seems everyone has had differing experience on the link on HUKD as some spoke to VM and got it sorted and some both companies.

I used the MY 02 app Were there is a option about volt and being eligible.I checked and had a red exclamation mark were it should of been a green tick,so i used the chat option on the app and gave my details for the virgin account and they sorted it out.

For me VM aint budging saying the speed increase will form a new contract and price will increase as well despite explaining to them volt doesnt work like that. But multiple reps said same thing.

Newly merged O2 and Virgin Media have launched a new product called Volt, allowing eligible customers to get their mobile data allowances doubled and their broadband speeds boosted to the next level at no extra charge

Go through O2

End of discount from when i renewed the contract in august.

I used the MY 02 app Were there is a option about volt and being eligible.I checked and had a red exclamation mark were it should of been a green tick,so i used the chat option on the app and gave my details for the virgin account and they sorted it out.

Newly merged O2 and Virgin Media have launched a new product called Volt, allowing eligible customers to get their mobile data allowances doubled and their broadband speeds boosted to the next level at no extra charge

Go through O2

They seem to be trying to fleece people and don't even know there own volt package which really is making me think is this hassle worth it.

Will try O2 but I fear they VM could still try to increase the price as they have said or enter me in a new contract.

Appreciate your advice and help mate.

avoid dealing with VM their customer service guys dont know anything, the system should automatically do it at some point, raise with o2 via chat if its been more than 14 days. you contract end date should stay the same.
i got an email staying contract was updated but price and end date the same, all that was changed was M200 to volt M350.

I used the live chat on virgin, asked to be moved to the correct team. Was sorted in 15 minutes of talking to them. Live chat is better for dealing with problems/queries as you can't get mistaken.
Then use the phone to haggle your price down lol

I used the live chat on virgin, asked to be moved to the correct team. Was sorted in 15 minutes of talking to them. Live chat is better for dealing with problems/queries as you can't get mistaken.
Then use the phone to haggle your price down lol

How do you live chat with them?

Know you can what's app VM team.

avoid dealing with VM their customer service guys dont know anything, the system should automatically do it at some point, raise with o2 via chat if its been more than 14 days. you contract end date should stay the same.
i got an email staying contract was updated but price and end date the same, all that was changed was M200 to volt M350.

Will try both VM and O2 one last time and if not sorted will cancel O2 and move on.

No way will I accept new contract and price increase as not what volt is about.

So below is what they have spouted earlier on

"But just to give you an idea the free broadband boost are only for customers who's paying their current package for it's regular price."

This is become a fekking joke now and I just can't deal with this as too stressful for me and when gets like that I get really down so I think best to leave it as they clearly don't want to get away from the price increase and new contract BS the fekkers are spouting!!!!!

Their live chat is available on one of their pages think it's like the 3rd one on Google. Comes up on the right hand side.

Also the deals for everyone who pay for both vm and o2 so don't let them gob you off. If they don't do it get o2 to do it

Those who have O2 sim what speeds and are they good you getting at home and when your out?

Im considering just going PAYG for me as I am sick and tired of looking through the sim only deals but not getting anywhere.

The O2 speeds like reading on other places is shockingly bad and really not worth the volt benefits for double data and free speed increase from VM.

Not sure about speed, but I changed to O2 from Three in April and find the coverage is not as good (in my area) :
Coverage /signal seems to be somewhat better for me than plusnet which was on before.

Speed is crazy up and down when using mobile data though.

Few days to decide still whether to cancel.

Those who have O2 sim what speeds and are they good you getting at home and when your out?

Im considering just going PAYG for me as I am sick and tired of looking through the sim only deals but not getting anywhere.

The O2 speeds like reading on other places is shockingly bad and really not worth the volt benefits for double data and free speed increase from VM.
There's tons of sim only deals for pennies a month m8

Back