Ring Doorbell?

Bigyinuk

HI all. Does anyone have one of these, are they any good? One specific question I have is does it alert you to someone pressing the button any way other than via a phone/tablet? Does it have an internal beeper etc? My phone is often tucked way where it wouldn't necessarily be heard.

Last edited:
A friend of mine has one and it seems really good
You have to buy the chime/bell separately to link to the doorbell so you’ll be alerted internally when someone presses it

HI all. Does anyone have one of these, are they any good? One specific question I have is does it alert you to someone pressing the button any way other than via a phone/tablet? Does it have an internal beeper etc? My phone is often tucked way where it wouldn't necessarily be heard.

BTW Wowcher are doing them for 24.99 which seems good to me.
Yeah so you get something that goes Into wall socket (doorbell chime) that goes off when someone rings doorbell

Be aware, its another big brother data collection device sold to you as a lifesaving benefit. Video clips, number of house calls per day and time of day etc etc is all logged by amazon. Once again your activity data is up for sale.
Apparently in USA the police is some states have access to the video for street by street surveilance

I have the ring doorbell 2. Not the greatest Video doorbell. They sell it with being able to answer it on your phone anywhere in the world.
If your in the house it works ok. You can set to notify your Amazon Alexa’s when the bell is rung.
Outside on 4g it doesn’t work as it should. By the time you get the notification the people are gone. The WiFi isn’t great. Battery life terrible. Picture is supposedly 1080p.More like 720p. Night picture is also rubbish.
Would not recommend.

I have one connected to an alexa show does the job for me. It was a Chriatmas present so I darent say I dont like it lol
The battery lasts about 3 weeks. I did buy a solar battery for it for 50 quid and that is a complete waste of time

Look at the eufy range which stores data locally (still access remotely). I like ring however having bought stuff for my home and my parents but I don't think the price is warranted. Also subscription fees are charged if you want to review any videos (unless live) which kind of defeats the purpose. Subscription isn't loads.

We had ring cameras out our grans house few years ago after she passed away as the area was hot zone for theft so had to get things sorted and cameras were needed.

They were ok but notifications not always coming up and battery draining after a week and constantly charging then was a pain in the a*s.

Then as stated by mbath you have to pay to view motions that have already happened which shouldnt be the case.

Wasnt that great of a camera either with break ins that happened also.

Look at the eufy range which stores data locally (still access remotely). I like ring however having bought stuff for my home and my parents but I don't think the price is warranted. Also subscription fees are charged if you want to review any videos (unless live) which kind of defeats the purpose. Subscription isn't loads.

eufy doorbell not available in the uk as far as i can see?

I know they definitely do cameras in the UK.

I only got into bed with ring because of the spotlight cameras. Now plenty of companies do them.

Wouldn't bother with a doorbell again to be fair as a camera with a spotlight can replace my existing coach light.

Also rings approach to security is awful. Next lot of purchases will have local as opposed to cloud storage.

Not great vs my expectations but obviously doesn't mean a lot. I don't have a benchmark other than Google reviews etc

Back