Ring Doorbell?

I have a ring doorbell, it was a present. works with alexa (amazon owns ring) so alexa can announce someone is at the door, but doesn't work with google.

If away from home, as has been mentioned already, by the time your phone notification goes off and you have got your phone out of your pocket you are probably to late but if you have a subscription you can look back to see who it was, you can't without subscription.

getting motion sensor settings can be a nightmare, to short and it doesn't go off until someone at the door, to far it goes off every time a something moves

@mbath - The security cam one is superbly clear. I'm more worried about the delay in receiving notifications that people have been talking about than picture quality, particularly at night. I want to be able to ask couriers to leave parcels behind the gate etc if I miss them. To have recorded footage is nice extra and tbh £30 per year is nothing really for that peace of mind.

As others have said notifications are not perfect. I'll send the same pics later so you can see the quality later in the evening. My issue is that £30 a year doesn't sound like a lot but it's just annoying when you have multiple devices in the same home (think it's like £80 for unlimited devices).

I dare say when we get to 5g everywhere the notifications will be a lot quicker but on other hand I have a raspberry pi that turns on light when movement is detected, sometimes it comes on within a few seconds at other times there could be a minute delay. This is because the PI gets notifications from ring server and I am sure it's rings server that is slow to respond.

Never had a issue. Works a treat notification to my phone at work are bang a bit slow to connect but love it.
Even got a camera set in living room to keep an eye on the dogs. We have full CCTV around the house but will be updating when all the cameras die .

I forgot to mention that Ring have a second app called rapid ring. This improved the response time of notificatoons.

Main app seems ok but wonder why they need a separate one if that is better than the main one.
It was because when it first hit the market there were lots of people complaining about the lag in the notifications even when they were at home. I must admit it notifications did improve When I installed it.

Ye I get that but thought they could have incorporated it into the main app or at least updated the main app to resolve such issues.

Have found that signal is always poor on one camera than the other.

Can't always check on the place so only have the cameras to go by.

WiFi is piss poor on them

Ye dont think any range extenders help not that I think they are any good in the first place.

Front camera signal is always good but back is always the problems and messed around with router and moving it around but wifi signal always weaker at the back.

Back