RIP Shane MacGowan, Pogues singer passes away aged 65

I have just read his life history in the daily mail == Sad but some parts hillarious(y)
The man was a feckin headache, if it weren't for his addictions, I imagine he'd still be with us now.
His missus has the strength of Job putting up with him for so long. He seemed to have turned a corner(addiction wise) about 7/8 years ago due to her love.
May he be with his God, and Rest In Peace.

The man was a feckin headache, if it weren't for his addictions, I imagine he'd still be with us now.
His missus has the strength of Job putting up with him for so long. He seemed to have turned a corner(addiction wise) about 7/8 years ago due to her love.
May he be with his God, and Rest In Peace.
I was dismayed that Christy Moore wasn't at his funeral. Shane once said that the only cover of 'fairytale' worth listening to was Christy's, - he hated all the other covers of it.
I think they were good friends.
I see Depp and Geldoff got on TV, along with Bono and a few other hangers on. I fear this was more to do with the relatives over what the deceased wanted.
I know you're not a drinker, nor a fan of irish music but I am both. There was an old fart in the pub tonight talking about the uk Sky news funeral coverage, which was uninterrupted, he said something along the lines of "he had one hit 30 years ago, I can't see why he gets special coverage" I didn't say anything.
I know, I'm as surprised as you.

He had a fast and furious lifestyle in his earlier years, in his latter years he looked like someone who'd had a fast and furious earlier life.

He had a big impact on my life.

I was dismayed that Christy Moore wasn't at his funeral. Shane once said that the only cover of 'fairytale' worth listening to was Christy's, - he hated all the other covers of it.
I think they were good friends.
I see Depp and Geldoff got on TV, along with Bono and a few other hangers on. I fear this was more to do with the relatives over what the deceased wanted.
I know you're not a drinker, nor a fan of irish music but I am both. There was an old fart in the pub tonight talking about the uk Sky news funeral coverage, which was uninterrupted, he said something along the lines of "he had one hit 30 years ago, I can't see why he gets special coverage" I didn't say anything.

He had a fast and furious lifestyle in his earlier years, in his latter years he looked like someone who'd had a fast and furious earlier life.

He had a big impact on my life.

I wonder if that old fart ( gob shyte) can match the royaltys that Shane MacGowan has coming to add to the $4.000.000 in his bank account this year.

I wonder if that old fart ( gob shyte) can match the royaltys that Shane MacGowan has coming to add to the $4.000.000 in his bank account this year.
There was an old fart in the pub tonight talking about the uk Sky news funeral coverage, which was uninterrupted, he said something along the lines of "he had one hit 30 years ago, I can't see why he gets special coverage" I didn't say anything.

Back