RIP yound lad 16 dies of cardiac arrest whilst playing footie

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Code:
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/10208540.Bexleyheath_teenager_Philip_Lamin_dies_during_football_match___with_tribute_video/?action=success
I was shopping in Asda when i heard this, thne found its in the local paper. Didnt know the lad but it was at my sons school so so sad
:( RIP

also at the end in italic there seems to be a similar incident with a 47 yr old
There is a video and photos on the site if anyone wants to see, i felt there was no need to add them to here!

Much loved' Bexleyheath teenager Philip Lamin dies during football match at Bexleyheath Academy - with tribute video

8:42am Wednesday 6th February 2013 in News By Alan Woods

Philip Lamin. Philip Lamin.

Philip Lamin.
Tributes have been left for Philip at Bexleyheath Academy. (Picture via Harry Wilson - harry_wilson97 - on Twitter)

A “MUCH LOVED” Bexleyheath student has died after collapsing during a friendly game of after-school football.

Philip Lamin, 16, is believed to have suffered a cardiac arrest during a kick-about in the grounds of Bexleyheath Academy, in Graham Road, at about 4.30pm yesterday. (Feb 5)

Ambulance staff arrived at the scene within four minutes and made attempts to resuscitate Philip.

He was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Woolwich where he was pronounced dead.

Paying tribute, Bexleyheath Academy principal Carl Wakefield said: “It’s with great sadness we have to confirm the tragic loss of a much loved student who collapsed on a football pitch.

“Philip was a lovely lad who was very popular with his fellow students and with staff.

“He was one of the most gifted sportsmen in his year. He had a wonderful smile.

“Students and staff are shocked and deeply saddened by the news.”

He added: “All students have been informed of our grievous loss at assemblies this morning and have been a credit to the Academy.

“They have already decided that the school will dedicate a quiet area of the school grounds in his memory.”

Friends of Philip have paid tribute to “the most wonderful guy” ever on Twitter.

Aaran Gedhu posted: “I love you to bits, you were the greatest. You were the most wonderful guy ever. Philip Lamin, I still can't believe it. R.I.P."

Zak El Mantawy ‏said: “RIP Philip Lamin... Went to play football at goals and never made it back. Heart attack. Gone too soon. Life is short.”

Another friend, Harry Lee, posted: “RIP Philip Lamin , you'll never be forgotten ! ♥”

A London Ambulance spokesman said: “We were called to Bexleyheath Academy, Graham Road, to reports of a boy in cardiac arrest.

“Two ambulance crews attended the scene and staff treated the boy. There were extensive efforts made to resuscitate the boy at the scene and on the way to Queen Elizabeth Hospital.”

An inquest is due to be opened and adjourned at Southwark Coroner’s Court.

The school is now receiving counselling support from Bexley Council.

Yesterday evening at around 9pm, a 47-year-old man was taken to Kings College Hospital in London after suffering a cardiac arrest at Goals Football Centre, in Graham Road, Bexleyheath.

Last edited:
Saw yourself, and the nieces and their friends talking about this on Facebook, terrible sad, for both his family and friends. R.I.P.

it was also in the evening standard, so tragic :( such a waste of a very young life. How can younge people suffer with Cardiac Arrests?? he must have been fit and heathly

Back