ROKU Streambar any good?

I was wondering if this would be a good option for me for iptv etc i was thinking of nvidia shield but i think it is overkill for what i need, plus the soundbar is a good addition to have, i don't know if many iptv providers support it or not. I stupidly spent £100 on a useless engima 2 box about a year back and really regret it, want to upgrade what i have in the living room.

Thanks

a quick "google" will tell you it is "possible" to run iptv on the device although its far from simple and certainly not the best purchase you could make.

Im sorry if it was a stupid question, i have already googled and know you can install IPTV smarters on it. Im just not sure what to get, like i said the nvidia shield seems a bit overkill for what i need. I need something decent and better than a horrible enigma 2 box for my living room.

Enigma 2 boxes are certainly not stupid or a waste of money, unless you bought a rubbish one,
I run IPTV perfectly fine on one of mine,
Probably the cheapest easiest way for you, if you don't want to use your E2 box, may be a firestick.

I personally wouldnt use a roku for iptv as better devices out there.
Enigma 2 boxes are OK for iptv the older ones will be slow and a lot of stream providers are changing codec on there streams and some e2 boxes can't handle it.
If you have a smart tv depending on brand and apps available you could use that instead of buying a device to use.
I agree the shield is overkill for iptv plus it all depends on budget and what your wanting to spend.

I was wondering if this would be a good option for me for iptv etc i was thinking of nvidia shield but i think it is overkill for what i need, plus the soundbar is a good addition to have, i don't know if many iptv providers support it or not. I stupidly spent £100 on a useless engima 2 box about a year back and really regret it, want to upgrade what i have in the living room.

Thanks
I would say if after a year you have been unable to setup what was presumably a new E2 box to be anything other than useless, then I suggest you opt for a plain and simple firestick

Nvidia Shield will give you Prime and Netflix in fhd as well as upscaling some iptv streams, and android tv versions of apps rather than mobile versions that you get on some budget devices like formuler, amiko etc. If a 4k Fire Stick will serve your needs though that's certainly where the best bang for your buck is - about £40 when on offer I think.

For budget you can't go wrong with the 4k fire stick and the latest chromecast which has got good reviews for it. Very easy to setup and not much messing round.

I can't comment myself on the nvidia shield but its rated very highly and the best android device out there from what been said.

Have you asked for help setting up your enigma box? plenty of people here who can help. Can't really fault my enigma box and its years old (vu+ solo2).

Back