Ronnie the GOAT

channelking

So the great Ronnie won his 6th world title today.

Grew up in the great era of Hendry, Davis, Williams, Higgins, O'sullivan.

Hendry and Davis were both amazing especially the former. But always thought Ronnie was just that bit more special.

Ronnie should have achieved even more imo just mental side affecting him at stages but records he has broken and taken of Hendry's is in itself amazing.

Dont think he will equal Hendry's 7th world title but hope I am wrong as he still has a few years left in him.

No question the most talented and naturally gifted player the sport has ever seen and no question in my eyes that he is truly the GOAT,

So the great Ronnie won his 6th world title today.

Grew up in the great era of Hendry, Davis, Williams, Higgins, O'sullivan.

Hendry and Davis were both amazing especially the former. But always thought Ronnie was just that bit more special.

Ronnie should have achieved even more imo just mental side affecting him at stages but records he has broken and taken of Hendry's is in itself amazing.

Dont think he will equal Hendry's 7th world title but hope I am wrong as he still has a few years left in him.

No question the most talented and naturally gifted player the sport has ever seen and no question in my eyes that he is truly the GOAT,
A goat yesterday.jpg

I'm not a huge snooker fan, but I do suspect that Ronnie would have won a whole pile more had he been able to keep his demons in check.
From his mental health issues, to the stress he must have been under as his Dad went to prison for murder, to a lot of other paternity problems, they have all played their part in distracting him from snooker.

I like rocket Ronnie I like snooker but usually fall, asleep after about 3rd frame.
As mentioned he has had a lot going on in his personal life which will have been a major distraction but can't take away what he has achieved

I'm not a huge snooker fan, but I do suspect that Ronnie would have won a whole pile more had he been able to keep his demons in check.
From his mental health issues, to the stress he must have been under as his Dad went to prison for murder, to a lot of other paternity problems, they have all played their part in distracting him from snooker.

Yep 100% he could have dominated the sport even more if it was for his mental and personal issues.

That's why he and players like Jimmy white, Alex Higgins are beloved because they are relatable to average people.

Still despite all that records he holds is not even imaginable even at his age. The world championship record will not be his which truly believe would have been his over the years if wasn't for his issues.

Best snooker player period and one of the best sportsman as well. The face of snooker and when he does retire game will never be the same imo.

I like rocket Ronnie I like snooker but usually fall, asleep after about 3rd frame.
As mentioned he has had a lot going on in his personal life which will have been a major distraction but can't take away what he has achieved

Ye no doubt can be boring at times but great sport when you have best going against the best.

Back