rover problems starter motor

thats made matters worse now its all over the engine bay and i can`t find out were it`s coming from, looks like i`l have to have it replaced.

if its that bad parts will need to be cleaned with degreaser like jizer or gunk,warning not on tarmacadam it will melt it lol,then washed with water,you will have to find the leak or you will never fix it as you must have other issues.

bloody hell it`s been this long for me to get round to fixing the problem, any one out there got a diagram of the pi[pes leading of the power steering pump for a rover 25 2 litre diesel, its a rubber hose with a metal fixing arm that hooks past the cam belt, no number on it need a crossfoot spanner to get to the bloody nut(cheers Gman) any help would be appreciated as i can`t find a picture or any thing else of a power steering pump for a rover.:)

all sorted cars power steering working again with no leaks, odd noise and a little reseistants when turning leftbut other wise she`s fine.:)

just glad it was the pipe not the pump 7th, should of sorted it 6 weeks ago. it took me all of 30 mins to remove and fit the new pipe feel like a pillock :doh:

If it was just a pipe you should probably bleed the system to remove air pockets. That may take care of the resistance you mentioned.

bleeding the power steering is a new one on me:whacko::dunno:turn all the way to left then turn all the way to right do it a few times with car running forces air pockets out then recheck level:cheesy grin:back in another 6 weeks:cheesy grin:

bleeding the power steering is a new one on me:whacko::dunno:turn all the way to left then turn all the way to right do it a few times with car running forces air pockets out then recheck level:cheesy grin:back in another 6 weeks:cheesy grin:

That's what we call bleeding the system Cacti :)

that will be the steering wheel you both are talking about i hope, the other thought it was still leaking as there was a oily mark on her aunts drive were she parked, just checked it its at the same level as yesterday.:cheesy grin:

cheers fellas alls working like a dream the only noise is the other whinning:cheesy grin:

passed MOT today at a cost of £275.19.

Front tyres £89

lhf back joint/ rht back joint £20 each.

But the bloody power steering pump has been described as slightly rough, and noisy.

sorted the leak out after much fun(bought the tool for the job myself as the garage i took it to did`nt have one)

will Lucas stop leak stop the whinning or do i just live with it.

I put two bottles in earlier will that do the trick.

update used stop leak and noise reduction, works a treat £9.99 well spent the mechanic who sorted it for the MOT could`nt believe it.

Rover

The best way to remove st,motor is with the car raised up so you can slide under,use a short ring spanner ,~~~??Remove battery,disconnect solenoid cables,Put safety stands under car and ensure it can't move or slide,when you go under it,Safety First,GOOD LUCK,:):):):happy::cheesy grin:

LOL here we go again only way i can get the fecking car started is by a pull start, new battery fitted let me guess i need a new starter motor. any advice on how to get to the bottom bolt would be helpfull.:(

have you been losing water in cooling system and topping it up?head gasket:eyes:did you try tapping the starter motor while someone held the key in start position when car is not in gear.

loosing no water cacti and tried the hammer tap, only way to get the car started is a pull start.

Back