rover problems starter motor

dee

TK Veteran
how do i get to the bottom bolt on the starter motor as i cant even see it. its a rover 25 2ltr td. its like hide and seek with these pratts.

how do i get to the bottom bolt on the starter motor as i cant even see it. its a rover 25 2ltr td. its like hide and seek with these pratts.

The handiest way to do it is using ramps, and then remove it from underneath. Disconnect the battery first very important.

starting motors can be one of the most akward things to remove...but you will get there dee.

lol thats a peace of piss after wot i went threw with the alternator. that is in a dumb arse place.

i cant complain really as i bought 3 years ago for £ 150 its only failed the mot once with a cracked windscreen.its a y plate so i got a bargain.

i cant complain really as i bought 3 years ago for £ 150 its only failed the mot once with a cracked windscreen.its a y plate so i got a bargain.

dont know what a y plate is but for that kind of money you cant go wrong.

so did the starter go? thats what you are trying to replace right? can you have it tested? and is the selonid or however you spell it able to be removed?

soz homesick just got round to it cleaned the all the connections and so far shes running as normal, got the new starter all ready to go if it goes again.

good deal, alot of times it is the selonid, and/or a broken tooth, in which case you could just ground it out so it will spin up and skip that tooth.

i mite change it anyway as the new 1 is lookin all shiny and new, can`t have that with a car part can i lol.

might aswell use this, as posted before down time, third power steering pump now leakink, is there anything i can use to reseal it, or is it fooked.

new product out " lucas power steering stop leak "guaranteed to eliminate all squeals,leaks,or rough spots in your power steering,tried it once and found it good,cheaper than a new pump.got it in motor factors 355 ml bottle or larger if you have a fleet of leaks.

thank you cacti i go get me some as the thought of forking out for the part to be removed and taken back for a replacement(still under warranty) was pissing me off.

any clue were to buy the lucas power steering stop leeks as i keep getting sites in the U.S.A. cheers cact

go into any motor factor that may be near you,maybe halfords etc,as i am in dublin ,too far to travel,one more point is it the pump that is leaking or loose clips on rubber hose allowing hose to twist if turned.

sounds like pump makes a deep weering noise when i turn a corner. same noise as when i had to change the pump last august, this time tho im only loosing a bit of fluid and not having it pump straight threw and leaving the bottle empty.

Back