Roy Keane Apology

now keane has a go at wenger while kind of retracting his apology :loco:

Ipswich Town manager Roy Keane has blasted Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger after his comments about the Republic of Ireland's controversial World Cup exit at the hands of France.

Keane questions the right of Wenger to pontificate about sportsmanship in relation to the affair, with the Irishman pointing out that the Gunners have hardly been a model of honourable conduct during the Frenchman's time in charge.

"People were giving their own comments last week, obviously I gave mine as an ex-player and as an Irishman," Keane told reporters at his Friday press conference, referring to his remarks that the Irish should "get over" their exit.

"And I mean an Irishman, born and raised there, I thought I was entitled to give my opinion. Everyone else has given their opinions – other managers who aren't even Irish – so I thought I was entitled to give mine.

"I've got no regrets about it. If someone asks me a question I'm going to give you an answer.

"I think I'm entitled to do that. As usual, people get upset by it.

"We're on about incidents and players, whether they be cheating or conning referees, it's all part of the game.

"I don't know about Arsene Wenger making the point. Some of the Arsenal behaviour over the last few years is questionable and Arsene Wenger never sees anything anyway.

"Maybe we just need a video at the Emirates."

roy note to self stop talking :locked:

Back