RTÉ will broadcast Man United clash in Aviva Stadium

noelyf

VIP Member
hotel-near-aviva-stadium.jpg

Wednesday, 16 June 2010

RTÉ Sport has confirmed it will broadcast the first ever football match to take place in the new Aviva Stadium as an Airtricity League XI takes on Manchester United.

The match will take place on Wednesday, 4 August and will be broadcast live on RTÉ Two television and streamed live on RTÉ.ie within the island of Ireland.

RTÉ Television and RTÉ.ie has increased its live Airtricity League coverage by 50% this season as part of RTÉ Sport's commitment to domestic Irish soccer, broadcasting 15 live games from the Airtricity League, the FAI Ford Cup semi-finals and the final itself plus MNS.

Ryle Nugent, Deputy Head of Sport, RTÉ Television said: 'As the national broadcaster RTÉ is proud to be showing this historic match so that football fans throughout the country will get to enjoy the best of the Airtricity League players in action against one of the biggest football clubs in the world.

'We are delighted to continue our commitment to Irish domestic soccer with our live coverage of the first ever football game in this fantastic new stadium.'

FAI Chief Executive John Delaney is also pleased to see the match televised:

'This game will provide a good opportunity for Damien Richardson and his Airtricity League XI to showcase the best of the Airtricity League to a wide audience.

'We thank RTE for their commitment to broadcasting domestic football which is demonstrated by Monday Night Soccer and their continually increasing output of live Airtricity League matches.'

thanks for that noely cheers..i beleive its family day at Aviva stadium this saturday
my mate got 3 tickets i think its a tour he's going on

Back