Running Putty

cactikid

VIP Member
I dont know much about putty and telnet and was told to run a command wdget to the box.
Entered root and password and pasted the command but nothing happened and could not exit out and could only close the box.

Going back into Putty i can enter root but not password??

rechecked ip of box is correct and Filezilla works?
No idea what happened to stop me entering a password into command.

You know there is no visual indication that you're entering a password?
When the password prompt comes up you just enter the password and press 'enter'.

When it comes up asking for password type it and hit enter. You won't see what you are inputting

When pasting a command hit enter to execute the script

Which image and version is this on? If it is not asking you for a password, there isn't a password set or you are connecting to the wrong ip address.

Post a relevant picture/screenshot to explain what you are seeing.,

There was password set up from a fresh install , it did ask for a password but i could not type it in as i did previous. Box ip is correct as Filezilla goes straight in.
I have gone back in and redone a password again and this was a script i wanted to run but nothing happened when entered.
python -c “$(wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MOHAMED19OS/Download/main/Emu/installer.py -qO -)”

Okay got in and entered command and came back with syntaxerror invalid character.

How can i take picture in Putty as it just enters another command

Attachments

• about.jpg
    about.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 8
If you just highlite the txt in putty that copies the text then you can just paste it here as for screenshot use windows snippet tool

or you can even use openwebif terminal.

Also just copy the command needed and press left mouse button to paste it into putty

Last edited:
This is the command I think:

Bash:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MOHAMED19OS/Download/main/Channel/installer.py -qO - | python

Ahh Willo it struck the nail on the head and box rebooting ,hmm service unavailable , check tuner config ? as i was viewing and this popped up.

Seems to be bouquets of sats for sports on sats i dont use or get

1. On windows, windows key, up arrow and S allows you to take a screen snip.
2. In putty, highlighting the text coies it to clipboard
3. on all systems, pressing "print screen" takes a full screenshot

Installed a multi sat channel list on my box.

...... which is not particularly handy when you don't have multisat or a line ..... :cry:

Yes same here multisat BIG list and assume if i dont like it run Vhannibal again.

Cheers so just need to check what it does . Thanks.

There was password set up from a fresh install , it did ask for a password but i could not type it in as i did previous. Box ip is correct as Filezilla goes straight in.
I have gone back in and redone a password again and this was a script i wanted to run but nothing happened when entered.
python -c “$(wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MOHAMED19OS/Download/main/Emu/installer.py -qO -)”

Okay got in and entered command and came back with syntaxerror invalid character.

How can i take picture in Putty as it just enters another command
This line is to install Icam emu but it is wrong, the line willo gave is indeed to install a channel list.

If you use this command which is correct for the EMU download you will get all the icam install options

Just ran the command works fine.

Back