Samsung M51 not charging HELP NEEDED

loncell

TK Veteran
My Samsung M51 suddenly stopped charging, I checked it on other chargers but its not having any. I then changed out the charging port board thinking it was that but its the same. I've now read it could be a possible SW glitch. I am just about to back it up as its on 12% before it dies. Someone said try
https://www.imobie.com/droidkit/
or
Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android – Repair Android System and Fix Android Problems

but I don't fancy spending £60+ and it doesn't work. Has anyone got it or something similar ?. I prefer to try and repair the SW rather than flatten it

I've just noticed that the PC doesnt pick up the phone with Smart Swith as well and now the phones died :(

Last edited:
A new battery is around £15.00 on a quick search, not sure it needs it but it would maybe help you start the phone to back it up if you did not do it before it died.

What happened was, went out Saturday got up Sunday and put it on charge but nothing. So I tried different cable, different charger nothing.

I read most likely cause a knackered charging board so I ordered one, replaced it, same.
By this time I'm down to 8% so I tried back up but it wouldn't even connect to Smart Switch on the PC. I tried back up to the SD Card in it but when I looked after 15mins it had died.

I'm going to try a new battery and if that doesn't work it's local shop job. What's baffled me is the not connecting to the PC when it had 8% so it's looking like some tiny mother fff'er blown or a software issue, not sure how you fix a software issue if you can't power it up, catch22

If you get a new battery you could back it up to google cloud. Just out of interest has it been backing up automatically to goole?

What I do is, I save anything to my SD card i.e. notepad stuff (saved to file, backed up) so flattening it isn't really an issue. All my contacts are in my Gmail and anything else goes to my Google drive. I think I might have some photos on the phone itself.

I'm just hoping the new battery I've ordered kicks it up.
The only thing I installed last was Ccleaner from playstore. I ran it Saturday before I went out. I'm hoping that's not changed the power options or something in the phone like fast charger settings.
I read somewhere in a video cleaner apps can do this

This phone cannot charge on a pad.

New battery arrived from replacebase which are normally good. I just clipped it in (didn't unglue the old one just yet) and the phone started up but again the little sh#t won't charge or connect to my computer so I'm backing it up to a SD card.

Going to factory reset it see if that does the trick.
If not repair shop time luckily there's a guy a mile away who's brilliant at phone repair but I'm hoping it's a SW glitch and the factory reset sorts it.

Thank God this new batteries got 52℅ in it or I'd be back to square one

I factory reset the phone but still not charging so I took it up to the repair guy who's sound.
He took one look at the replacement charger port I purchased and laughed.
He showed me drawing comparison with the original one.
I'd say half of the surface mount components were missing he said cheap nasty sh#t.
He said I'll order a gen one about £15. I left it with him just in case it isn't that that's at fault.
I contacted the company I bought it from and they no questions asked refunded which says a lot.

Just got it back, the phones knackered. The guy said charger port fine, battery ok , logic board is the problem and he cant fix it or cant be bothered.

the phones from Hong Kong so out of international warranty. Is it worth sending it to Samsung or bin it and start again ?, phones in very good nick bar marks on the back always had screen cover on. I'm thinking if they charged £120 its better than £350 for a new similar phone

Just got it back, the phones knackered. The guy said charger port fine, battery ok , logic board is the problem and he cant fix it or cant be bothered.

the phones from Hong Kong so out of international warranty. Is it worth sending it to Samsung or bin it and start again ?, phones in very good nick bar marks on the back always had screen cover on. I'm thinking if they charged £120 its better than £350 for a new similar phone
Most manufacturers will tell you the phones not worth fixing and will try and sell you a new phone.
Small independent phone shops will fix it.
For about £80-£100 more than your willing to pay for repairs you could buy a Xiaomi/Poco phone which are amazing for the price.
I give £150 for my Poco about 15months ago hands down best phone I've owned.

Yep
As above , you could buy a better phone than what you have for 120-150 euro, it just won't say Samsung on it.

A53 takes 1.5hrs from flat with a 5000 battery, anyway phones dead as a door nail and were talking alot of dosh to replace the logic so I will shop around for a new. In the past I've manage to source out new logic boards for most phone's but not this son of a bra strap. I search high and low and gave up

On the subject of phone repair, I know Samsung don't give a flyer repairing they simply replace parts at a huge cost to the customer. So I got scouring around todayand it seems its a common problem with the M51 M52 not charging when the charger ports fine, then I saw this;-

it's probably abit fiddly nowdays for me with my Freddie Flintstone fingers so does anyone know and good recommended micro solder phone repair shops that would tackle my phone ?, the phones in 9/10 and would be handy as a second phone. I know there's a 1000 n 1 phone shops in the UK who claim to repair phones but most just swap out screens and batteries. What I mean is someone who can diagnostic the charging fault and replace/micro solder components back in.

I've googled and found a few but thought I'd ask incase someone's had work done on their phone similar

Back