Samsung S9 screen smashed!

Rodduz

Hi,

Think this is the right place and guessing you tech legends are the ones to ask...

Smashed my S9 screen and it was still working but today it's not responsive at all. Can still use "OK Google" to send messages or dial out etc.

My predicament is I have no insurance, so was thinking of getting some and then claiming! Cost of a replacement screen is £200+

In the meantime I need to access the phone periodically as I know they will monitor usage and if it hasn't been used will not okay my claim.

Question is: can I remote control my phone from a laptop somehow?

Cheers al

You can just get complete new screen put on mate they have 2 screens I got my missus s9 screen replaced for £60 as their full lcd screens

Unsure but i think you can connect working phone and laptop?

Time to buy protection case for your phone?
Thats why I got missus an all in one case where it covers complete phone as them screen protecters what you can by that goes over screen are crap your screen still gets cracked or a smashed with one on plus cheaper than a new phone lol

You can just get complete new screen put on mate they have 2 screens I got my missus s9 screen replaced for £60 as their full lcd screens

Where did you get that done? Being quoted way more, people saying they come as a unit, front and back ?!

Unsure but i think you can connect working phone and laptop?

Time to buy protection case for your phone?

It works, just can't use touch screen. Wondering if there was software that I could control phone with, maybe project phonescreen on to laptop and use the mouse...

Where did you get that done? Being quoted way more, people saying they come as a unit, front and back ?!
My local town centre phone shop mate most I've seen a scrren be repaired for is £90 just watch where you go as some places offer cheap replica Samsung screens and charge daft prices there's an inner screen and outer screen on them is there any dark blue/purple lines or splodges on your screen

It works, just can't use touch screen. Wondering if there was software that I could control phone with, maybe project phonescreen on to laptop and use the mouse...
Usually screen mirror works but not too sure if s9 has it on i know Huawei has I will look on missus phone and see if anything simular

My local town centre phone shop mate most I've seen a scrren be repaired for is £90 just watch where you go as some places offer cheap replica Samsung screens and charge daft prices there's an inner screen and outer screen on them is there any dark blue/purple lines or splodges on your screen

I'll have to ask a few more then. Yes there are a couple of dark spots, right close to the edges

Looks like inner screen damaged aswell mate shop around don't go for first price go to your local town centre and ask in every phone shop mate best advice I can give you and buy a all in PROTECTOR CASE FOR IT!!!! lol

Looks like inner screen damaged aswell mate shop around don't go for first price go to your local town centre and ask in every phone shop mate best advice I can give you and buy a all in PROTECTOR CASE FOR IT!!!! lol

Am I still looking to get it for less than £90?

I'll definitely buy a full case next time!

Cheers

Am I still looking to get it for less than £90?

I'll definitely buy a full case next time!

Cheers
I would mate maybe the shop I went too charged me £60 is as I take all phones there or that's just what he charges charged me same for my sons iPhone 7 aswell

Which one will be the one that's causing it to no longer respond to touches?

I can live with the small black LCD broken spot at corner of screen if it meant only needing to replace outer screen, if of course, that's the one that will make it respond to touch again?

My local phone shop is telling me they come pre-bonded so can't change just the digitizer... cost of £270!

Back