Samsung Tab S5e Audio Problem

Hi
Hope someone can help me with a an audio problem on my wife's tablet Samsung S5e. For no apparent reason the audio completely stopped working and I have trawled thru all the settings.
When I failed to come up with a result, I did a software update, and when that didn't do it I eventually done a complete reset bringing it back to factory settings - still no sound on except by pairing with a Bluetooth speaker (not convenient).
The control panel on this model is very basic. Under the sound mode button the setting says Ringtone there are only sound /mute options, ringtone choices, notifications sound choices, sound themes volume controls etc I cannot make sound play thru the inbuilt speakers.
Any suggestions gladly tried especially from any members with this Samsung model. Cheers

Hi
Hope someone can help me with a an audio problem on my wife's tablet Samsung S5e. For no apparent reason the audio completely stopped working and I have trawled thru all the settings.
When I failed to come up with a result, I did a software update, and when that didn't do it I eventually done a complete reset bringing it back to factory settings - still no sound on except by pairing with a Bluetooth speaker (not convenient).
The control panel on this model is very basic. Under the sound mode button the setting says Ringtone there are only sound /mute options, ringtone choices, notifications sound choices, sound themes volume controls etc I cannot make sound play thru the inbuilt speakers.
Any suggestions gladly tried especially from any members with this Samsung model. Cheers
Nothing stuck in the headphone port is there

There is no headphone socket on this model - although the software seem to be indicating that there is a headset option😠

Update :
Having spent a few more hours on Samsung self-diagnosis and engineering chat-lines, I've come to the conclusion that this must be a hardware fault and have booked it in for collection and repair tomorrow.
This is the second repair on this unit in its first 2 years. (the first was after 6 months when it's wifi failed - but repaired under warranty) Hardly good enough Samsung for a £350 tablet. I'll post again when I get the repair estimate. Not the same quality as they used to be. I'm using an S2 daily that I bought in 2015 and have only just changed the battery. Pity its stuck on Android 9 😳

My guess is that they'll tell you the tablet must have been dropped to cause the damage, absolving themselves of any responsibility. In the UK goods are supposed to last a reasonable amount of time and a tablet should last longer than two years - so even if the warranty is 12 months it should still be covered. But good luck trying to get them to agree!

Back