Samsung TV issue

channelking

Hi

While ago posted here about issue with the samsung tv and half screen being black.

Was about to throw it away today but thought I check it one last time.

It seems now no part of the screen is black or dark. Not sure how that has happened or if it may come back.

Either way a new issue has occurred. Have tried to take images showing the issue but unfortunately its not shown on the image.

Basically there seems to be a grey line/border around the screen. It is noticeable. Tried resetting and changing settings but no joy. Not sure what exactly this issue is now.

Dont really want to throw TV away now as it is watchable again without the black/dark areas but this new issue is an annoyance.

Is this when using an enigma2 box?
If so, have you changed the settings for screen height and width?
Menu/Setup/usage and GUI/Extended GUI/OSD POSITION

No mate just testing without E2 box.

Had films on usb drive and external HD which connected to the TV and noticed this new issue.

No black half screen atm. But not sure what this faint border line around the screen is.

Press aspect ratio on your tv remote and go through from like auto to 16.9 zoom pillar box ect see if the grey line dissapears as for the black screen gone the hamsters who spin the picture wheel inside may have woken up and decided to do more work now pmsl

I am not optimistic that the black screen issue has "gone" permanently". Knowing my luck it will be back.

With this TV you have screen mode and size not sure what difference is with both. But selected 16:9 for both but still feint border around the picture. Same if I change to wide auto or wide zoom whatever those settings mean.

Still watchable the tv despite this feint grey border line. Just find it annoying from what I tested viewing wise.

As i said before google samsung faults,i know its a pain or post a screenshot of issue as if others have the same tv it might be the same.

As i said before google samsung faults,i know its a pain or post a screenshot of issue as if others have the same tv it might be the same.

Mate I have checked on Google as stated before. I have come across different issues screen bleeding, that black screen issue but not this issue I am.encountering now.

I have already taken multiple images trying to show the fault but it is Not visible on the images hence pointless uploading screenshot as fault can't be seen.

Back