Samsung Tv

I have 3 samsung tv`s..not the model you are wanting but the brand of tv themselves are good...never had a problem with any of the Samsung s I have bought

Thanks,
I have always had Sony TV's but have been disappointed with the last smart TV I bought from them.
The Samsung 6400 and the 6470 are the same to look at. They have the same processor as well with the 6470 having UHD upscaling and voice control, it also comes with a standard and smart remote control.
I have gone for the 6470 for only a little extra money.
The demo in the store showed the TV to be very responsive to commands

i do know that samsung make screens for bang & olusen tv's so samsung they must make good tv's

I did see them but as far I as I can tell they start at 65" screen.
Do you think the quantum dot technology is for the larger screens

I have always found the picture quality slightly better on the Panasonics rather than the Samsungs. The Panasonic TX58dx700b is a good buy at Richersounds at the moment and includes a 6 year warranty.

I have this tv but im the 49" version. I paided £549.
Its a amazing telly with great pic quality.
The smart remote is awesome letting you use it for all devices.
The only issue i can fault is that sometimes when there is a bright white image or scene it can be a bit torch light.
Meaning the brightness is very powerfull and will light the whole room.
It has freeview and freesat built in.
All in all its a good telly.

if it isnt broke, take it apart then it soon will be.

I think you can connect a hdd to the tv directly and record direct to the hdd from the freeview/freesat epg.

I think because there is only 1 tuner then you can only record 1 program at a time.
You may be able to record say on freeview and watch another on freesat at the same time, i have not tried any of this so i may be wrong.

if it isnt broke, take it apart then it soon will be.

I did have that setup on my last TV but the TV would turn to the channel that was being recorded. A bit annoying when watching another channel then it switching midway through.
I will probably add a usb3 drive for pausing the Live Tv if needed.

Ok, I have bought the Samsung and I'm very pleased with it. The smart remote is a nice touch and understands spoken commands nearly every time. You can even ask it the time.
Now going to get a freeviewplay pvr. I was initially going to get a Humax but have now found a Samsung dvd/pvr with freeviewplay.
Has anyone tried one of these I have shown it on the link below.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?ff3=4&toolid=11800&pub=5575196602&campid=5337914959&mpre=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-BDH8500M-Smart-3D-Blu-ray-Player-with-500Gb-Freeview-HD-Recorder-/302166177088?hash=item465a81f540:g:njsAAOSwEzxYUVCb

This free view recorder is great, it links with the TV has apps same as the tv

Update.
The TV has just stopped working. Looking online and there are a lot of people complaining about various problems with Samsumg TVs. From Flickering screen to switching on and off randomly and some staying in a cycle of switching on and off every few seconds.

Assuming you have used the TV for 30 months and purchased from Currys - I don't think there is much you can do.

IF you had purchased from JL or RS as suggested in the second post, you might have been covered!

Back