Samsung Tv

ah, that old chestnut.........

Unless I'm mistaken or corrected, you would need to prove it was faulty when it was delivered to you............given you have used it for 30 months, might be a bit difficult!

'There is no European law that says goods must work for at least six years, or that you have a right to repair, refund or replacement during this period.

European law does, however, provide that all goods must have at least a two-year warranty.'

'If the fault occurs after six months, the consumer has to prove that the problem was down to a fault or issue at the manufacturer, as opposed to wear and tear or misuse.

In accordance with a law known as the Statutes of Limitations, consumers have this right for six years in England and for five years in Scotland.'

'What all this means is there is not an absolute right to a repair, replacement or refund. This is because you first have to prove the fault is not down to you.'

Source: The little-known EU law that gives you a free 6-year warranty – the facts

The six month rule applies to returning to the retailer.
I think it's easily proven anyway because it seems to be a common fault.
I will let you know how I get on

Last edited:
Been reading this thread how long warrenty did you get with your tv as I've read you've had it 30 months which is nearly 3 years did you take any extra insurance out when you bought your tv you may find that if your warrenty has expired and no extra insurance it will have to come out of your own pocket so may just be better buying a new tv was the tv faulty when purchased or delivered if not then you can't raise a claim to process a refund or repair

The consumer rights act says it should last 6 years I think. I've bought a Sony OLED TV now but I've never had a TV fail after 30 months before, when looking up the fault it looks like its a common problem with Samsung tv's.

'If it turns out that there is an inherent manufacturers’ fault, Currys will have to help him.'

Having said, we are talking about Curry's, as @bazcfc1 has stated try manufacturer as I think you will have more luck with them than Currys.

Back