Sat tuner

Hi all, i have a vu+duo 2 when i bought it i decided not to have a sat tuner (doh me) so my question is, can i fit a sat tuner and is it difficult or expensive.

Tuners are £39 + delivery.
Should just be a matter of taking the lid off and plugging the new tuner in and putting the fixing screw in.

Yea seen it i think reduced from £59 to£39 digital dvb twin sat tuner

An update,i have recieved my sat tuner,so is it just a case of taking the top off the box,then plug the tuner in and fasten down,then set abm to tune for freesat as well

Obviously all leads and power removed.
Should be a plug and socket fitting with just a retaining screw to secure it.
The box will recognise it automatically without needing to add drivers.

Obviously all leads and power removed.
Should be a plug and socket fitting with just a retaining screw to secure it.
The box will recognise it automatically without needing to add drivers.
Ok thanks mate

All up and running cheers willo,one last question,i remember when used to have sat/cable picons,but cant find the setting, im ok with it, but can imagine mrs going into sat section and trying to get a cable channel on and ringing me while im having a beer

Forgot to add im on atv 6.2 with grogg build

Forgot to add im on atv 6.2 with grogg build
Also when i click tv button for bouquets and click any bouquet i dont see the sat/cable options,yonks ago when i had the vu duo and a old image i clicked a bouquet i had options of either,but now i have to click providers,and there is bskyb,
Freesat,freeview,a couple of others and virmin,after i added freeview uk did scan it stopped on freeview,and got message tuner b took too long and scan stopped. Tuner A and B are cable C and D sat

Also when i click tv button for bouquets and click any bouquet i dont see the sat/cable options,yonks ago when i had the vu duo and a old image i clicked a bouquet i had options of either,but now i have to click providers,and there is bskyb,

Not quite sure what you mean? In ABM config you can set the bouquets to have the provider prefix:

The 'service type icons' show if it is a sat or cable channel:

Not quite sure what you mean? In ABM config you can set the bouquets to have the provider prefix:

View attachment 39967

The 'service type icons' show if it is a sat or cable channel:

View attachment 39968
In your top pic how have you set that,that is like what i had on my old vu duo,where you have sky entertainment,movies etc then virmin uk entertainment etc,on mine there is no name next to the bouquet,i have to scroll to next entertainment section for sly uk but again it doesnt say sly uk,i did what you said about provider prefix and rebooted.

These are the pics of my bouquets list,that is after i did what you said,and scanned

Attachments

• IMG_20190627_075635.jpg
    IMG_20190627_075635.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20190627_075654.jpg
    IMG_20190627_075654.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20190627_075704.jpg
    IMG_20190627_075704.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 7
I don't understand why it's not adding the provider prefix then :unsure:
You haven't set anything in the 'Keep Bouquets' section have you?

Back