Sat UK working again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its time consuming for the installers, and then if anything goes wrong then that costs more time, would you not have a go at it yourself, get a few family members to help if you can, and seek a bit of help from this forum, theres always plenty of members only too willing to help.

Its time consuming for the installers, and then if anything goes wrong then that costs more time, would you not have a go at it yourself, get a few family members to help if you can, and seek a bit of help from this forum, theres always plenty of members only too willing to help.
I would have done it myself but the dish needs to go on second floor below roof gutter as the house next to me is close and if the dish is installed any lower than second floor it may not get signal. The biggest problem is I am afraid of heights and even going on a 3 step ladder makes me dizzy. So I am never going to go on second floor.

I only just plugged it in two hours ago, going from 5w, 1w, 5e, 9e, 13e, 16e, 19e, very impressed, ideal if you have multi sat.
would you recommend this box or gelling a reliable line for euro sats?

I would have done it myself but the dish needs to go on second floor below roof gutter as the house next to me is close and if the dish is installed any lower than second floor it may not get signal. The biggest problem is I am afraid of heights and even going on a 3 step ladder makes me dizzy. So I am never going to go on second floor.
Have a word with a window cleaner or odd job man.
Off him £100 for the day but it may take the full day or maybe two days.
You'll have to give him instructions on positioning it etc but he'll get it up and fixed in place

would you recommend this box or gelling a reliable line for euro sats?

As there is talk of 28e going off on these boxes maybe only a good bet if you have a motorised or multi feed setup, I already have a decent euro line for my enigma2 boxes, but these viarks open extra channels that e2 c/s can not.

As there is talk of 28e going off on these boxes maybe only a good bet if you have a motorised or multi feed setup, I already have a decent euro line for my enigma2 boxes, but these viarks open extra channels that e2 c/s can not.
Yeah, I know mate, thats why they are perfect for Eurosat, I have had a motorised set up for a long time, and I have a very good line, I probably will order a viark box soon enough as 28e on sat now is pretty poor anyway, so nothing to lose with that one, buying a new tv in the coming weeks, so gonna wait until after that.

If you can cancel, then cancel it and order from Amazon Germany. My box was sent back to seller after 3+ weeks although the courier tracking still shows its held up in customs even now. I ordered from Germany and received in 2 working days (i paid 5 euros more for expedited delivery).
Thanks for the reply, I have got ebay involved, had enough of the excuses, the box has been in Madrid for 4 weeks and even though it was supposed to have cleared customs 10 days ago it it still in Madrid. Did you get any extra charges from Germany or was it all collected by Amazon when you paid?

One thing to consider is that a big dish at height that is exposed to winds will always move slightly over time and the motor will die eventually so it is of great benefit to you to get hands on with this in the long run. My first motor lasted 25 years and was moved 4 times from house to house. The Stab replacement lasted 6 months so if you are looking at £500 every time someone goes up the ladder, you may as well pay sky. Would be cheaper to get a small scaffold tower, thats what I did before I got used to the height, just do everything on the ladder now

Thanks for the reply, I have got ebay involved, had enough of the excuses, the box has been in Madrid for 4 weeks and even though it was supposed to have cleared customs 10 days ago it it still in Madrid. Did you get any extra charges from Germany or was it all collected by Amazon when you paid?
No extra charge. The price I paid to Amazon was all I had to pay.

One thing to consider is that a big dish at height that is exposed to winds will always move slightly over time and the motor will die eventually so it is of great benefit to you to get hands on with this in the long run. My first motor lasted 25 years and was moved 4 times from house to house. The Stab replacement lasted 6 months so if you are looking at £500 every time someone goes up the ladder, you may as well pay sky. Would be cheaper to get a small scaffold tower, thats what I did before I got used to the height, just do everything on the ladder now
I agree with you but at the same feel its risky for me to do it due to height.
To be honest I don't watch Sly that much as freesat has most things what we need + all the apps like Netflix etc etc are enough for us.

I have a second system on the ground, 70cm dish and can get 42 East to 5 West ok. We have houses close by, you will be surprised how steep the signal comes down, remember the dish is offset

I have a 1.1 metre dish on the house just above the gutter and can get 65 East to 30 west, then my roof gets in the way. There is not much apart from 10 East sports feeds that I cant get on both

very difficult to get access to the full arc without having a large garden in a flat area unless you get the dish up high and then it gets battered by the wind. If you can get 1 west to 28 east from the ground then you wont miss much

very difficult to get access to the full arc without having a large garden in a flat area unless you get the dish up high and then it gets battered by the wind. If you can get 1 west to 28 east from the ground then you wont miss much
this is how it looks on Dishpointer

cant really make anything out on the picture, what is under the line, is the dish going under the u on capture pointing over the house

cant really make anything out on the picture, what is under the line, is the dish going under the u on capture pointing over the house
Sorry for the image quality and size.
The dish will go below the gutter on the wall so not directly exposed to wind in the open as it will have wall to its back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back