Satellite box at a caravan site

duggo83

Hi guys, bit of a long shot this, but just wondering what any of you guys would recommend.
My mum and dad have a static caravan on a caravan site in the lake district, but they've only got the bog standard free view channels which are all in SD.
Just wondering if there's any way of getting more channels, doesn't necessarily mean in HD, just like if I put a satellite dish on the side of their van.
There's no Internet or anything like that in their van.
Is there any type or subscriptions they can get for it, like gifts?

I'm not very good and knowledgeable when it comes to satellite's I'm afraid.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You could use a mobile phone as the router to clear the channels like broadband does. long as you can get a good mobile connection.

1554leslie looked into this extensively and sorted a mate out. Look at his posts or PM him.

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

yes, it can definitely be done, even on a campsite in a france :yes!:.

theres a few threads on this issue that you prob need to read fully and I am sure there is more than one way of doing it, different equipment etc than the ones 1554leslie recommends. I just got the same as he suggested rather than trial and error with other 'gadgets' - tho now I know it works I might be tempted to try other gadgets.

You could use a mobile phone as the router to clear the channels like broadband does. long as you can get a good mobile connection.
Mobile Phone coverage is very very poor I'm afraid, one bar of signal at best

yes, it can definitely be done, even on a campsite in a france :yes!:.

theres a few threads on this issue that you prob need to read fully and I am sure there is more than one way of doing it, different equipment etc than the ones 1554leslie recommends. I just got the same as he suggested rather than trial and error with other 'gadgets' - tho now I know it works I might be tempted to try other gadgets.
I'll ask him then thanks bud

If the mobile signal is very very poor then your not going to get a watchable connection to the server, its just going to glitch and freeze all the time, not really worth it.

But are you sure its bad for all mobile operators or just the one you use? In some parts one provider maybe bad and another maybe good, use a network coverage map from each mobile operator to see who gives the best signal in the area you want, you never know it might be really good.

In the area I live in EE is really strong but O2 is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot

If the mobile signal is very very poor then your not going to get a watchable connection to the server, its just going to glitch and freeze all the time, not really worth it.

But are you sure its bad for all mobile operators or just the one you use? In some parts one provider maybe bad and another maybe good, use a network coverage map from each mobile operator to see who gives the best signal in the area you want, you never know it might be really good.

In the area I live in EE is really strong but O2 is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot
I'm not sure if any of the signals are any good to be honest, think every one is poor will have to check for definite though. Is there no other solutions if there's no good signal?

Back