Satellite dish

danam1

Afternoon all,
I have a Zgemma H9 which I just use with an internet connection.
I also have a redundant sky dish (HD cables coming from it).
My question is - is it worth plugging the sky dish into the H9 box and if so what would the benefits be?
Sorry if that sounds vague but I’m not really clued up on this sort of thing!
Thanks in advance

There are a couple of channels you can get with cardshare as well as freesat or you can use it for the freesat channels only,or move the dish towards Germany and have a large selection of channels avaliable through cardshare.

Cheers
Sorry to sound dumb but what is cardshare?
I currently have Sky Q in the house but the Zgemma box is in my man cave (bottom of the garden) so I can’t use the card from the house without multi room and another mini box - hence the H9.
Thanks for your help

Cheers
Sorry to sound dumb but what is cardshare?
I currently have Sky Q in the house but the Zgemma box is in my man cave (bottom of the garden) so I can’t use the card from the house without multi room and another mini box - hence the H9.
Thanks for your help
You would be better off getting a old sky dish, and putting that up at the bottom of the garden to connect into, as long as you can point the sat dish in the same dirrection as your sky q dish with clear line of sight.

Thanks once again
With the H9 box and the yearly subscription I pay - I receive quite a lot of channels (including sky sports and movies).
I’m probably being greedy but I just wondered if I would get any benefits from adding the dish too?
Really sorry if I’m coming across thick but this ain’t my thing! Lol

That’s great, thank you both for your help.
I have noticed I get a bit of buffering when watching BBC and ITV 4K channels, would this not happen watching through the dish?
Just done a speed test and I’m getting 40mbps.

You will not get BBC and ITV 4k through a dish for free or on cardshare anyway,The only option for that would be if your SkyQ box does it.How is your H9 connected to the internet?

It’s connected to my router via a Wi-fi extender and Ethernet cable
Are you using the H9 for IPTV yes?
If so, adding satellite feed wouldn't give you much more than what you already have.
It would give you Freesat channels, mostly same type as Freeview channels, about a hundred.
No internet connection needed for those so got something to watch if your connection is lost

What speeds are you paying for?probably a direct feed of ethernet cable from the router to the mancave might improve your speed.I think the 4k channels on iptv are not 4k anyway and what speeds you need for them i am not to sure,I use sat myself more than iptv.

You might consider adding multi l.n.b holder
To the redunant Sky dish add two extra l.n.bs
Positioned for 13 east 19 east 28 east Recieving
4000 channels across the three transponders
Plenty good sports channels Film channels documentary channels with English audio

Plenty good sports channels Film channels documentary channels with English audio
That’s the thing that points at the dish right🤔
Sounds a cool idea. Does that require a cable for each l.n.d or would all 3 connect to the existing double cable?

What speeds are you paying for?probably a direct feed of ethernet cable from the router to the mancave might improve your speed.I think the 4k channels on iptv are not 4k anyway and what speeds you need for them i am not to sure,I use sat myself more than iptv.
I pay for 75 mbps but my man cave is a long way from the house so I use the Wi-fi extenders to get my signal down there so I assume 40mbps isn’t too bad🤔

Are you using the H9 for IPTV yes?
If so, adding satellite feed wouldn't give you much more than what you already have.
It would give you Freesat channels, mostly same type as Freeview channels, about a hundred.
No internet connection needed for those so got something to watch if your connection is lost
Yes, IPTV is what I’m using.

4,000 channels, where does anyone find the time to watch all them? I only have one tv and thus can only watch one channel at a time, out of the 4,000 you will probably watch 20 at most, a few sports and films with english language.

4,000 channels, where does anyone find the time to watch all them? I only have one tv and thus can only watch one channel at a time, out of the 4,000 you will probably watch 20 at most, a few sports and films with english language.
I had 4 lnbs on my last dish looking at 13, 16, 19.2 and bsb at 28... about 5500 channels.. enough to keep you entertained flicking and setting up nevermind watching anything for hours...

Back to the original Q, get a zone 2 dish up on ya pub shed and there are a few hundred freeview channels and radio from sky and freesat combined. thats waht I use in the house with iptv to provide the missing premium bits..

I had 4 lnbs on my last dish looking at 13, 16, 19.2 and bsb at 28... about 5500 channels.. enough to keep you entertained flicking and setting up nevermind watching anything for hours...

Back to the original Q, get a zone 2 dish up on ya pub shed and there are a few hundred freeview channels and radio from sky and freesat combined. thats waht I use in the house with iptv to provide the missing premium bits..
Thanks for that👍🏻
Pub shed😂👍🏻

Back