Satellite Newbie (Advice needed)

Hello Everyone,

sorry if this is not the right place to post but not sure where is best.
hope someone can help me in relation to a new satellite system i'm looking at (I'm Based in Newcastle)

Currently wondering if possible to receive Astra (19.2) & Hotbird (13) on a 60-65cm Satellite dish using either a mono block LNb or 2 separate LNb & Diseqc switch.
if so, which would be the better option from the list below.

* Solid or Perforated
* 60 or 65cm
* Monoblock or 2no LNb's.

Thanks

you should try asking in the satellite section of the site,im sure someone wil be able to help there,good luck

Wouldn't use a monblock as it contains a
Built in Disqec switch So if the switch ever
Faults You will have to Replace Your best
With multi l.n.b bracket With three rocket
L.n.bs For 28 /19/13 If you have two satellite cables installed e2 Reciever with
a twin tunner You can fit 4×1 Disqce switch
Then combined what transponders you want For tunner A or B Then you have good
Recording opition

not fully sure what all that means but thanks for the advice. really only want the astra and hotbird sats, as would love to watch ZDF of a Sunday, as for Hotbird, big fan of RAI Uno, (so is the girlfriend), but have never been able to get anything in place to watch. now i seem to have the chance.

This is the installation I installed
If you look face on at the satellite dish
The focus l.n.b or center l.n.b is for 19 east
The l.n.b to the right is for 13 east Then l.n.b to the left is for 28 east There is 4×1
Disqce switches fitted at the side of the
Satellite dish bracket

Attachments

• 1605985098078.png
    1605985098078.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
Lnbs will differ in size depending of how many feeds you need,octo is 8 feeds and big,bullet are smaller single and twin feeds.
So the less feeds you need the more bullets you can fit on the bracket.

thanks for the information folks, cheers Linesman very in depth information, just what i need. will let you know how i get on.

Back