Satellite Tuning (No signal)

Only way would be to see on dish to move the cables around then check boxes to see if other tuner now fails,with very bad weather here i now get a tune failed error re pissing down.

Yep was thinking that just never gone up to the dish before. If i fiddle around with the lnb will the dish alignment mess up?

Lnb should be clamped in position and no knocking or swinging out of dish to move it,have someone downstairs to have boxes and tv off before messing with cables.
You only need to lift up the skirt of lnb and unscrew one to see if another tuner goes down+ also look inside of f connector for burn mark cause of water ingress.
When you remove the faulty one no difference will be seen on both boxes
Inserting a working cable into the faulty port will show error on another tuner.
If you got an octo and spare port try one of them.

Was thinking more of switching the cables in to different ports so the working box port will now be used for the box not currently working to see if I get the channels through. Ive got no spare ports to try with

L.n.b is not switching between the v and h side off the transponder Is your s.n.r
In around 45 on the channels on the v side that indicates a fault

Back