Sattelite or IPTV?

zeeman28

Hi all

Firstly I am completely new to this and apologise if this has already been covered or if my question does not make sense.

I have a zgemma H5.2S box and I want to get a sub for all sky channels. I see people asking for IPTV subscriptions and others asking for satellite subscriptions. Anyone I know all have IPTV.

I am in an area with poor internet and therefore Im not sure IPTV would work for me. I have a sky dish so can I buy a satellite sub and that will work with my zgemma box or am I on the wrong path here?

I have installed the openatv and wooshbuild infinity on to my box so far but nothing else.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I would personally use sat for the channels for those that are still available and then IPTV for everything else, ie sky sports etc.

You could even just use the sat for free to view sat channels so no sub/line is required and iptv for all premium channels, but it does depend what things you like to watch.

I would personally use sat for the channels for those that are still available and then IPTV for everything else, ie sky sports etc.

You could even just use the sat for free to view sat channels so no sub/line is required and iptv for all premium channels, but it does depend what things you like to watch.
Thanks for the quick reply. So I am I right in saying you can only get certain channels on a sattellite sub and fro the rest I would need and IPTV sub anyway? What kind of channels can you get on a sat sub? Apologies as I am really not clued up on this at all.

You can get about 90-100 channels with a sat line
Sky news
Gold, dave, some Doccs and discovery channels etc, also bt sports 1,2 and 3

There's about 100 channels left on sattalite all sly owned ones are gone but get bt sports 5mbps would handle the sd channels on iptv not the hd or fhd channels take some tests and see what your speeds are like with iptv

basically anything that is sky branded, ie sky sports, sky movies, sky one etc are NOT AVAILABLE on sat.

Thanks for everyone's help on here much appreciated. My internet has decided to play up today and speed has dropped so once this is resolved and back to normal I will get a test sub for the IPTV and see how it goes.

Maybe not the right place to ask but for the zgemma h5.2S box have I made an ok decision to go with the openatv and the wooshbuild?

Thanks for everyone's help on here much appreciated. My internet has decided to play up today and speed has dropped so once this is resolved and back to normal I will get a test sub for the IPTV and see how it goes.

Maybe not the right place to ask but for the zgemma h5.2S box have I made an ok decision to go with the openatv and the wooshbuild?
Yes wooshbuild is one of the most supported images available.

There's a few images you could use on your box
1 grog free range
2 willobuild if supported
3 wooshbuild infinity
4 plain open atv
5 plain vix if supported
6 pure e2 image
Its which ever you think suits your box and your liking

Back