scam internet termination calls

BeakyFord

TK Veteran
I received a call to my landline today, on answering the call I was greeted with an automated message saying that ‘I had missed a call from my internet provider & my net will be terminated in 24hrs/36hrs due to illegal activity, to speak to our technical rep press one’ or words to that effect, at this point I ended the call as I had not missed any calls & the msg didn’t identify myself or my internet provider by name so I assumed it was some kind of scam/fishing type call.

I ran the number through an internet search & that returned similar numbers as scam calls but nothing from the exact number that called me (01530345655). 30 minutes later I received another automated call again with the same message but from a different number (01918639754) so this time I phone my internet provider to see IF they were trying to contact me, on speaking directly with my net provider they confirmed they have no issues on their system relating to my account & no one had tried to contact me!

About an hour later I received a 3rd call from a different unknown number (01297266879), only this time when I picked up the receiver, I waited for the caller to speak first, I didn’t even say hello I simply remained silent waiting for someone to speak to me... the caller hung up & the line was cleared.

Official company calls to clients should state/identify who they are calling from at the beginning of the call. If they don’t then there is a good chance it’s a dodgy call. Common sense really but as common sense is apparently in short supply these day’s I thought I should share this post in case it helps anyone else!

I had many of these a few months ago, did same as you and basically ignored it waiting for authorities to arrive at door with warrant, which of course they did not
Deffo scam

I had same claiming to be from sly and my router was collecting errors they use a number generator where they can't be traced I did a thread on it

Its becoming more and more common nowadays, the scammers are everywhere and theres nothing you can do about them, except ignore them and be very careful not to get taken in by the scumbags.

I enjoy pressing 1 and getting them on the line and then keeping them talking as long as possible. When they ask me to log onto the computer so they can fix my problem it's usually the best time wind them up, or insult them. When they ask what operating system I'm using, Linux is a good answer. Or when I finally get online, I complain that chrome is showing nude pictures of their mothers.

Really feel I'm doing a public service when I can get them to swear at me. When they do, asking them if they kiss their mothers with that mouth usually pushes them over the edge.

Usually they hang up on me after realising I'm not falling for their scams.

If I'm keeping the buggers busy, they've less time to be scamming someone else.

I have them all the time too surprising where they get your number from. They know my name, address, everything etc so its even harder to spot its a scam, especially nowadays
I am ex directory and there is only one person that knows my landline number as they dont have a mobile. My family dont even know it
In the end I got a caller display phone and dont bother answering now.
Everyone who needs me knows my mobile

I have them all the time too surprising where they get your number from. They know my name, address, everything etc so its even harder to spot its a scam, especially nowadays
I am ex directory and there is only one person that knows my landline number as they dont have a mobile. My family dont even know it
In the end I got a caller display phone and dont bother answering now.
Everyone who needs me knows my mobile
I bought a pay as you go SIM card from O2 and had a scam call within 2 days of activating it with a brand new number. Makes you wonder.......

Block the numbers but always come back. Phones memory is fully cant block any more numbers lol.

These low life piece of sh*ts dont care who the feck over. As long as they get what they want that is all that matters.

Most of them seem to be foreign scammers so my dad can understand their language they speak when they call and starts have a proper baiting conversation lol.

Just one of those things. Just got to ignore as very hard to stop such calls be it on landline or mobile.

I use to get these scam calls every day until I bought the BT8610 call blocking phone. The phone automatically answers all calls without ringing the phone and requests the caller to announce who they are, then press the '#' key. The scammers automated system can't cope with all that, resulting in the call not getting through. Problem solved.

i have had a few, tell them to hang on till i power on computer, and dont go back to phone, pmsl when they are shouting hello hello hello.:LOL:

Block the numbers but always come back. Phones memory is fully cant block any more numbers lol.

These low life piece of sh*ts dont care who the feck over. As long as they get what they want that is all that matters.

Most of them seem to be foreign scammers so my dad can understand their language they speak when they call and starts have a proper baiting conversation lol.

Just one of those things. Just got to ignore as very hard to stop such calls be it on landline or mobile.
if you have an Android phone you can install Should I Answer. I've been using it for years. Free on android but for some reason it's pay on an Apple.

It will automatically block negative rates numbers and you have good control over how strict you want filtering to be.

Got my mobile set to accept calls only from phonebook and landline unplugged..its just the way it has to be these days

i got one today saying my sky contract would be cancelled in 24 hrs if i didnt pay the outstanding amount on my account. just said why dont you try phoning someone who actually has sky you prick.... got what i Presume was swear words back in a foreign language :)

Back