School Parking

channelking

Now I live literally next to a school and biggest issue residents have is the stupid parking on the curb/grass and stopping other vehicles coming through this is in the morning and afternoon every single bloody day.

Under advisement by the council yellow zig zag lines have been put on the road since last year but such parents don't give a toss and park on the lines which clearly shows measures are not working.

Then these people have the audacity to complain about the yellow zig zag lines being in place when they are making residents lives hell every day with the they park and block other vehicles.

Had a right tool other day literally park on top of the curb and blocking most of the drive. When asked politely to bare in mind in the future not to block someone's drive told me to F off.

I worry with such hectic parking from school parents if an ambulance or fire truck needs to get through they simply would not be able to get past.

Grinding my gears as things gotten worse since schools reopened.

oh the joys of moving to a house near a school
not having a go at you directly @channelking
but the same happens when people move to a house near a race circuit and then complain about the noise
I do agree though, most people dropping kids off at school are selfish Bstrds, and care about no one but themselves.

oh the joys of moving to a house near a school
not having a go at you directly @channelking
but the same happens when people move to a house near a race circuit and then complain about the noise
I do agree though, most people dropping kids off at school are selfish Bstrds, and care about no one but themselves.

Sadly been here all my life mate.

Some right cretins who even after you politely remind them not to block drives or block other vehicles access they snap.

I do get what you mean though mate. Just one of those things that have come to accept. Funny thing is school rented closed down pubs Car park for the parents since last year but they clearly rather just park outside people's houses lol.

@channelking

It's not just at or near schools, it's everywhere I see selfish and inconsiderate drivers.
It's happening because, they're allowed to because compliance with road rules & safety etc isn't enforced (well, as far as I can see)

When I was a kid we walked to school.. be honest who would want dropping off @ school in a vauxhall viva.

Damn frustrating ,lazy sods should just park a bit further away . I would take photographs of the car , making sure the guy saw me , tell him you are sending them to the council. I would also request the council sends down some parking attendants. Other than that go nick some bollards from some roadworks and put them across the front of your house.

drop a few screws and nails around the area, but remember to pick them up before you go out lol

I am tempted to with cretins around here lol.

I am thinking of getting some cones and put it out but not sure if that would be legal.

When I was a kid we walked to school.. be honest who would want dropping off @ school in a vauxhall viva.

Went to same school that's near me many many years ago.

Even as a kid few minutes from the house school is my mom still walked me to the gates lol.

Embarrassing was an understatement.

Damn frustrating ,lazy sods should just park a bit further away . I would take photographs of the car , making sure the guy saw me , tell him you are sending them to the council. I would also request the council sends down some parking attendants. Other than that go nick some bollards from some roadworks and put them across the front of your house.

I have found council is complete numpties.

No matter how much complained about the nuisances its fell on deaf ears.

Even local Councillor who I admit was helpful during last year couldn't do much.

Putting zig zag lines in has not deterred any of these parents but I would say has made things worse.

As said there is a car park for the parents few mintues from the school but lazy sods can't be arsed to walk.

I get embarrassed when I see how other parents park near my kids school.

The odd time I pick the kids up I park miles away as I am too embarrassed to just dump the car anywhere. My kids moan about the three minute walk though....

Back