Scratched laptop screen

moh

Deleted, at user's request.
A scratched laptop screen might be fixable -- or at least improvable. The netbook screen shown here has one deep scratch and several smaller ones. Gently rub toothpaste (not gel) in a circular motion over the scratches for a few seconds, then wipe the screen clean with a soft cloth. After this treatment, the smaller scratches are gone, and while the larger one remains, it's less noticeable than before.Rub the toothpaste between your thumb and forefinger and it should feel slightly sandy and gritty. It's these mild abrasives that will fix the screen's problem.

Gently rub the toothpaste in a circular motion over the scratches for a few seconds (not too hard -- you could rub off the screen's surface coating).

171754-5quick_scratch_715_slide.jpg

Note : I haven't tried this as my screen is ok but I would be interested to know if this actually works so please post back if the reader tries this. :)

sounds a little dodgy, why not try it on a scratched CD case moh? just in case it does more damage, not fix it.

I think that it would prove or disprove the theory, and if it badly scratched the CD case you would then know not to use it on the laptop. just a theory, thats all

Back