Screen brwaking up on new box

COYBIG!

I have a brand new box for past two days or so and today Im having a slight bit of the screenew breaking up and sometimes blank for like a second. I had this problem before once with my old openbox but was only for day. Could it be the box or my satellite and how do I find out which one it is?

Go to bbc one hd and then check it should be 100%. 64% seems a bit low tbh and with bad weather etc the lower the snr to begin with the more likely it will pixelate etc. Also make sure your cable connections are in and on properly with no outer sheath touching the copper as that would also cause problems.

Yeh my satellite is roughly 10 years old so I guess that could be the main factor. Considering it'd windy this evening it doesn't help either. Is it worth getting the satellite looked at or could let it hold out for a while?

Could just need re aligning or the lnb could be on its way out or cable connections but i doubt it would be the box as it was the same on your previous box

I doubt it would be the satellite itself as the lnb is on its own that transfers the signal to the box where as the dish itself just catches the signal to feed the lnb if its as old as you say you could probably get away with just replacing the lnb rather than the whole dish, but you could pick up a brand new dish for about 20 squid so its up to you really

Think it's satellite what would cause the lnb to go?

It is ten years old you say, so over that time water may have seeped in, could just have been wind damaged, - or anything else. they are really cheap to replace £10'ish so you got ten years = £1 per year, so you have had value.

Back