Screwy Picture on DM600PVR

otakujon

Ooh! First post here. I'm a pioneer!

Lads hopefully someone can help me...

I have an old dm600PVR (clone) that was bought back in 2006. It got used briefly but not for long all the way back then (maybe 6 weeks worth) before I bricked it.

It went back in to it's box and didnt get touched again until very recently when I took it back out put a new image on it and got it working. Delighted I through it in under TV and used it for about a day without any problems. Then the picture started to jump about and doing something similar to a rolling image on an old analogue TV set (remember them? :) )

Thinking it might be something to do with recepeption on the box I rebooted it and its still doing it. It does it AS SOON AS THE BOX POWERS UP. When the loading splash screen appears and then it menus and whilst viewing channels.

It's only got a scart connection so I suspect it might be a goner but anyone got any advice.

Even better, can anyone recommend another use for it? Can it be repurposed for anything else?

Any and all advice received with thanks

Cheers, OJ

Sounds like the electrolytic filter caps need replacing. This is an easy job if you can use a soldering iron. However, you will need to make sure you check the polarity before soldering them into place.

Sounds like the electrolytic filter caps need replacing. This is an easy job if you can use a soldering iron. However, you will need to make sure you check the polarity before soldering them into place.

Hi Dumbguy - So I whipped off the cover on the little b!tch and tried to look for any blown or leaky caps but everything looks good. I also had a look online for a repair kit or replacement caps without any luck.

I know its probably not even worth repairing but any ideas on someone who would/could take a look at possible fix for a reasonable fee?

Thank, OJ

Back