SD Card or USB HDD

Tadpo1e

Looking at upgrading my f3 for a H.2S. One of the reasons this box caught my eye was the SD card slot. I figured that would be perfect for using Timeshift and recording the odd show. But I've only read that people seem to recommend USB HDD's

Is there a reason people use HDD's or would the SD card be just as good?

I can't seem to get the SD card to initialise hence might shift to HDD. Other than that the constant spinning won't be good for 2.5 form factor and 3.5 will need external power supply.

my sd card works a treat(y)
but that been said a hdd is a lot bigger so can store more recordings on etc

some use hdd for recording/ timeshift

and sd slot for epg/etc as epg is in constant use and save hdd spinning up all the time

lee benson I completely agree with what you're saying but put timeshift on the SD card too for the same reasons. Other than that I'm doing the same mate a 3.5" 3TB mains powered drive on the USB for all the recordings/downloads and an SDcard for EPG, Timeshift and Swap file...

Ok so I've ordered the H.2S. Figured the best thing is the SD card for EPG and Timeshift etc.

I don't record much, but would like it to be seemless when I do. Could I get away with a good 128gb USB flash drive in the back, or would I need a USB HDD for the faster read write speeds?

Ok so I've ordered the H.2S. Figured the best thing is the SD card for EPG and Timeshift etc.

I don't record much, but would like it to be seemless when I do. Could I get away with a good 128gb USB flash drive in the back, or would I need a USB HDD for the faster read write speeds?

this should do it
http://m.mymemory.co.uk/product?p=45944&
I bought one for 20 yesterday and returned the SD card as it would not intialise using Vix

this should do it
Samsung 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive FIt - 130MB/s £24.99 - Free Delivery
I bought one for 20 yesterday and returned the SD card as it would not intialise using Vix

Do USB 3.0 flash drives work ok with H.2H and H.2S? I notice they are both USB 2.0 looking at the spec

Back