SD channels quality

Power levels are fine, SNR is also fine but the Konig splitter is dung
not sure what cables you have but the Tratec green moulded ends ones on fleabay for about £3 for 1.5m are very good
There's also Tratec splitters on ebay, or there's Labgear if you live near a Screwfix for about a fiver

Ye thought power/signal levels were fine as if that was way out would having heavy glitching and freezing as well.

Oh thought konig was decent splitter.

Cant afford atm but when have some money saved for this well get them online or fro shop.

Will splitter and cables improve SD quality?

What about on Sat and still SD quality is like on cable?

Time to try a different box on your tv or try your box on theirs.

Relatives skybox is far away from me mate, they arent near that is issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ye thought power/signal levels were fine as if that was way out would having heavy glitching and freezing as well.

Oh thought konig was decent splitter.

Cant afford atm but when have some money saved for this well get them online or fro shop.

Will splitter and cables improve SD quality?

What about on Sat and still SD quality is like on cable?

No idea about the sat side of things, I'd say that if the SD is really bad on both inputs, it's either the TV or HDMI cables
Didn't you just replace the TV - I thought the previous TV lost half the screen and you just got this one? - was SD the same on that TV before it failed?

No idea about the sat side of things, I'd say that if the SD is really bad on both inputs, it's either the TV or HDMI cables
Didn't you just replace the TV - I thought the previous TV lost half the screen and you just got this one? - was SD the same on that TV before it failed?

Ye brother got a new one for short period so not TV.

Plus HDMI I have got is original sly one not cheap type one.

SD has always been bad mate, I believe it was same on last TV as well. Pixelation, nearly unwatchable.

What is the tv setup to 50hz 60hz or multi just a thought as Pablo mentioned with it been a new tv

Its 1080p and 50hz. Are these right settings for box?

Did Have 1080i some time ago as got told to have on that as full hd as 1080p isnt.

I have my box on 720p lol

Lol how come? Dont you get Full HD channels?

If I have to channel cable and splitter on the cable side of things then will try when have money available and see if makes difference but dont think it will as sat is also the same.

Lol how come? Dont you get Full HD channels?

If I have to channel cable and splitter on the cable side of things then will try when have money available and see if makes difference but dont think it will as sat is also the same.
just what I prefer mate tbh lol I'm old fashioned

You mean box?

It wont be the TV mate as this was replacement for the old one.

Dont get on with the neighbours so dont want to ask this for this favour so to speak.

Ok its a new tv and it was the same as on the old one, then you want a box to try on this tv to see if its any better.

Ok its a new tv and it was the same as on the old one, then you want a box to try on this tv to see if its any better.

Neighbours wont give box of theirs that is for sure lol.

Only person I know who has a box but is a tivo box but that relative is quite some distance away from me.

I know someone with slybox but he has a shop so he aint got lend me his box lol.

Back to square one again. Splitter, cables, settings not sure what will fix SD quality.

1080i is NOT true HD
What part of that did you not understand the first time,?
It is interlaced to make a signal like HD
720p is probably almost as close as 1080i
This is either a settings issue or a bad hdmi
Or a bad box, or poor quality cables, will affect sat almost as much as cable.

Dont get me wrong probably is alot of content in english on motorised mate but decided not for me and I know parents who mainly watch TV will not be able to use or get used to motorised. So no point wasting money imo.

Not motorised, fixed dish with a couple of extra LNBs, less than £20 basic DIY, less than £100 new bigger dish and basic DIY for 3 birds , maybe 4 .

1080i is NOT true HD
What part of that did you not understand the first time,?
It is interlaced to make a signal like HD
720p is probably almost as close as 1080i
This is either a settings issue or a bad hdmi
Or a bad box, or poor quality cables, will affect sat almost as much as cable.

Aright mate. I aint into all this technical stuff. I am trying ok. I just got told 1080i was setting to use previously before I changed to 1080p.

Well as you said could be any number of things affecting SD quality.

If with multi lnb setup maybe cant afford it just like motorised.

Like I said I get there is huge content on both setups but not for me as dont watch huge tv and parents wont be able to navigate from one satellite to another. There not enough modern tech.

So for me personally it is not worth either setup. That is my own opinion.

You just need to do a checklist

Tried different hdmi
Tried different TV
Checked signal strength
Try different box is kind of all that is left.

As I said previously, and will again did try different HDMIs as have multiple and no difference compared to the original sly HDMI I am using.

Was same issue with SD quality on Old tv as on the replacement tv.

Signal strength various on sat over 70% and cable between 80%-85%

Have no other box to try on tv to see if SD quality changes.

Back