SD channels quality

Use the virtual remote on webif or real remote and refresh picure and have the box HIGH RESOLUTION TICKED as it gives a clearer picture

On laptop/pc if you type in your box ip into browser it will open webif=mirror of your box and you can screenshot any setting.
Cable feeds would need good quality and good splitter but would have no bearing on sat quality.

I'd beg to differ,
crap cable will have an effect on sat, depending on how crap to how much an effect, albeit not so severe as cable

I'd beg to differ,
crap cable will have an effect on sat, depending on how crap to how much an effect, albeit not so severe as cable

I meant his Vm cable feed would have no bearing on sat,i never asked how old is the sat cables in use lol
Thinking if both box faulty but would need checking in another house to be sure.

I'd beg to differ,

But the sat feeds are proper sly ones fitted by sly decades ago.

Cable feeds though from ebay.

Unfortunately the guy has no longer got the VM cable feeds VM splitter.

Use the virtual remote on webif or real remote and refresh picure and have the box HIGH RESOLUTION TICKED as it gives a clearer picture

Not sure what you mean.

I am on settings on openwebif but cant take screeshot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbing screenshots off webinterface won't depict what picture is being shown on the TV.

Reception and video output are different things. These are digital devices. If reception was an issue, there would be breakup/tune failure. Not the alleged poor picture.

Grabbing screenshots off webinterface won't depict what picture is being shown on the TV.

Reception and video output are different things. These are digital devices. If reception was an issue, there would be breakup/tune failure. Not the alleged poor picture.

I was asked to take screenshot of the settings of the box and grab screenshot of settings via openwebif.

You will be using an image with the latest drivers that the manufacturer has added.

I understand that, but how exactly will the latest firmware correct the SD quality issue.

As surely its hardware issue rather than software issue.

Many SD channels did drop in resolution a few Years ago. They were all 720*576, now most are 704*576. I suspect the data rate keeps dropping as well

Your not doing anything to try and fix the problem if you changed a setting on box things might have changed,as said before reflash to another image and start from there.

Do other users use upscaling as i dont

OK, get latest drivers and kernel and use on your antiquated image then.

Im assuming latest drivers are software updates generally and for thr latest image?

Your not doing anything to try and fix the problem if you changed a setting on box things might have changed,as said before reflash to another image and start from there.

Do other users use upscaling as i dont

Just had to pop out.

When im back will take screenshot of settings via openwebif as you asked.

Have changed settings numerous times on both box and tv.

Just had to pop out.

When im back will take screenshot of settings via openwebif as you asked.

Have changed settings numerous times on both box and tv.
But are you doing them in a logical manner,,?
And not just randomly changing more than 1 setting at a time.?

But are you doing them in a logical manner,,?
And not just randomly changing more than 1 setting at a time.?

Have not been able to still take screenshot of the settings of box as of yet.

Have changed to different settings on box and also TV last few weeks to see if SD would improve.

Back