SD channels quality

channelking

This has bugged me for some time but I really hope someone can advise.

I have seen SD quality on normal sly and VM look pretty decent and even good. But on my TM nano 3T picture quality is atrocious. So pixelated just not clear.

How is it for others?

On a bigger 4k tv seems worse. Is there no way to upscale SD to improve the quality and to get rid of the pixelation as really SD channels are unwatchable compared to before?

This has bugged me for some time but I really hope someone can advise.

I have seen SD quality on normal sly and VM look pretty decent and even good. But on my TM nano 3T picture quality is atrocious. So pixelated just not clear.

How is it for others?

On a bigger 4k tv seems worse. Is there no way to upscale SD to improve the quality and to get rid of the pixelation as really SD channels are unwatchable compared to before?
Sd channels are good quality on my Sony bravia 4k tv mate on sly and on my iptv

Sd quality is shite on sly channels. I think they want you to pay extra for or HD. Bt sports ad aren't very good either

Sd channels are good quality on my Sony bravia 4k tv mate on sly and on my iptv

How is that mate.

As I got a 4k tv yesterday and SD looks awful.

Both sly and cable SD channels look terrible.

Any suggestion as how to improve it mate? Any change in settings?

Cant understand how those who have 50"+ 4k tvs with legit sly and cable boxes have such good SD quality.

Just cant understand what to do to improve it.

How is that mate.

As I got a 4k tv yesterday and SD looks awful.

Both sly and cable SD channels look terrible.

Any suggestion as how to improve it mate? Any change in settings?

Cant understand how those who have 50"+ 4k tvs with legit sly and cable boxes have such good SD quality.

Just cant understand what to do to improve it.
I use brass ended hdmi have my box set to multi 50/60ghz my sky box on 1080i mate

I always have an argument with people when quality is the problem with hdmi cables.I have many inferior bad picture quality hdmi cables that come with box as picture is not sharp,crisp and hazy.I bought many over priced monster cables for everything and picture quality is better and sharper + use their green power home theatre which cleans bad power feed.
I do also wonder how good your sat,cable,freeview feeds are as that can also have a bearing on picture.

Yeah mate got basic package with them for missus

Ye not sure how on normal legit boxes SD looks so good but on my third party box its is utter crap.

I always have an argument with people when quality is the problem with hdmi cables.I have many inferior bad picture quality hdmi cables that come with box as picture is not sharp,crisp and hazy.I bought many over priced monster cables for everything and picture quality is better and sharper + use their green power home theatre which cleans bad power feed.
I do also wonder how good your sat,cable,freeview feeds are as that can also have a bearing on picture.

So my HDMI cable and Sat/cable feeds could be issue?

Plus I am using proper original Sly HDMI from my original sly box.

I am not even sure now.

Would have done anything to try to improve SD quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would get a better hdmi cable first to start with.Amiko boxes have a better quality picture over e2 boxes,All my boxes are e2 except for a saorview box.Pixelation could be signal issue if blocky bad on cable i had a bad cable feed connection giving me issues repaired cable connection and all good again until my blank screen.

I have mate paid quite a bit for HDMI cables. Not worth paying more its just pointless mate.

Didnt realise Amiko boxes were great picture quality compared to E2 box.

Cant explain it. Its pixelation but also just looks crap. Not crisp and sharp SD channels.

Checked Signal strength on SD on sly and VM its high.

Ohh you are using a good quality hdmi good,sd wont be crisp and sharp like hd on sly as they like to downgrade quality hoping for you to upgrade.
Thinking sd on vm was better as far as i can remember over sky.Is it sat and cable bad or only one and quality cable feeds and connections in use?

Ohh you are using a good quality hdmi good,sd wont be crisp and sharp like hd on sly as they like to downgrade quality hoping for you to upgrade.
Thinking sd on vm was better as far as i can remember over sky.Is it sat and cable bad or only one and quality cable feeds and connections in use?

Well think its good HDMI:emoji_smile:

Its gold HDMI

But mate SD compared to SD on official sly and VM is appalling. That is issue. Shouldnt be like that.

SD is bad on sat and cable.

IS there nothing I can do to improve it?

No thats not right,can you try in a different place even on tv or a mates place.
So you have 2 providers boxes sky and vm and both ok pictures but not on the e2 box?

Sorry for late reply.

Even people who have come round my house recently have said SD looks atrocious. They said its worse than SD on their sky box. They said looks so pixelated and unwatchable.

I dont think there is SD upscaler feature.

That put me off even more

Both sly and VM SD on E2 box is crap quality.

Nothing can be done to fix this.

VM SD on both my boxes is perfectly watchable on 49 and 50 inch screens. the 50 inch being a 4k TV. Obviously HD looks better than the SD but not pixellated etc

VM SD on both my boxes is perfectly watchable on 49 and 50 inch screens. the 50 inch being a 4k TV. Obviously HD looks better than the SD but not pixellated etc

By watchable does that mean its not heavily pixelated?

With the bigger TV my brother bought it seems even worse. Even when you sitting far away from the tv. As not clear at all.

I have been to a relatives house and looked at SD on their tivo box and looks great. No lie. Then when looking at SD on my box feel depressed.

No idea how you guys have better SD quality. As I dont believe its anywhere as good as legit sly and VM boxes imo.

Nothing I can do on box or tv that make a difference to SD quality?

no it means not pixelated. ie the wife records all her soaps on SD channels, purely because if line ever goes down then they wont be effected and they are fine when played. If she is home then again she watches them in SD live and there is nothing wrong with them and believe me if she thought it was a poor picture she would let me know

Back